Part 184 Christmas Parade

Part 184 - Sunday December 15th

Sean's POV

I had finished my shift at the hospital and because I was eager to get to Pookie I stripped my clothes off as I was walking into my condo. Good thing I don't have nosey neighbors because they would have seen me shirtless and holding my pants up by one hand. I dropped my clothes in the entrance, not caring because I live alone, and raced up the stairs to jump in the shower.

Just as I was toweling off I got a text from Gabe telling me what to wear tonight. I wanted to tell him I was a grown man and could pick out my own clothes but I knew better than to argue with perfection. And if he is telling me to wear something in particular he has a vision in his mind that I'm sure will make tonight memorable.

Gabe: Doc, wear you lavender button down, gray slacks or blue jeans (your choice), leather jacket and appropriate shoes.

It could get cold out tonight, I wonder if he is going to put Pookie in a skirt. Man do I love looking at her legs, but I don't want her freezing to death tonight either.

Me: will Pookie be in pants? It could be cold out.

Gabe: yes, I'm putting her in jeans.

Jeans? Then why did he tell me to wear slacks? And what in the world does he mean by appropriate shoes?

Me: I don't want her feeling underdressed. I'll wear jeans too. And by appropriate shoes, do you mean loafers or sneakers?

Gabe: (face palm) loafers! Sneakers? Really Doc? Fuck that shit! She can't be seen with you looking like a goddamn douche.

What crawled up his butt and died? It was a simple question on what he wanted me to wear. I went on the defensive.

Me: sneakers don't make me a douche!

Gabe: Oy, don't listen to me, you know I'm a dick when I'm tired. Sorry Doc. Got woken up early and still going 90 miles an hour. :(

What?! I'm going to have to get to the bottom of that. He was with Victor last night at the concert and was supposed to get to sleep in today. What was so crucial early this morning to cause Gabe to start working early?

Me: Get Pookie ready, then take a nap until dessert. Doctor's orders. :P

Owen will know what's going on. I'm surprised he allowed this to happen in the first place.

Me: why are Gabe's panties in a wad? He said he was woken up early and still going 90mph

Owen: Sang is the short answer, do you want the long?

Sang? Ha ha ha. What is that girl up to now? So instead of responding with another text, I called Owen.

"Sean, I don't have long. Sang was in a festive mood and Asked North for a Santa hat to wear at the diner. He called Luke, telling him to bring the hats and some decorations for the diner. Luke woke up Gabe telling him they needed to decorate and well you know Gabe. Needless to say, the diner is decorated, Sang came up with rewards for kids under 12 to get a candy cane after they eat their meal and somehow we are ALL a part of the diner's Polar Express lunch on Saturday. Again Sang. And something about Santa being there."

"Please don't tell me one of us is supposed to be Santa." I love the babies at the hospital and little kids in general, but crying snotty kids hat are afraid of you, not my idea of fun.

"Uncle called in a favor to get Santa there. Look Sean, we can talk more tonight. Mr. Morgan is about to go on."

"Bye." I hung up and went about getting myself ready for tonight. First things first, where is the iron? It has been so long since I used it I can't remember where I put it. I went into my closet and found it on the top shelf. Now why would I put it up there? Sometimes I even surprise myself.