Part 23

Part 23

North POV

As Silas climbed in his car, I hugged Baby from behind and rested my chin on the top of her head. "Sang Baby, if you need anything tonight just let me know. We want you to feel comfortable in our home."

She pat my arm in a reassuring manner while saying, "thank you North Star."

I could hear Luke approaching so I released the hug and grabbed her hand. Luke was carrying her bag and he grabbed her other hand. We started pulling her back toward the house. I know I am smiling, Baby just does that to me. And looking over at Luke, he is smiling too. This really is a beautiful relationship. I wonder if I should let Luke know about the 'love her or lose her' plan. It just seems like he has figured it out, and accepts it, without being told. I'll have to check with Mr. B and see what he thinks.

As I reached to open the door I was overwhelmed by the realization that once I open this door it is back to 'Sang is Luke's girl'. I dropped her hand and sighed as I walked through the door, holding it for Luke and Baby.

Uncle was waiting for us in the living room. "Luke, this pretty bird has asked if she can stay the night. And I said yes. But she will be treated as the lady she is. We have a guest bedroom here on the first floor for her with it's own bathroom. You have yours upstairs."

"What? You don't trust me Uncle?" Luke asked.

"I will not have you mucking this relationship you have with her up. So no, I don't trust you." Uncle retorted and Luke just stared at him with his jaw dropped and big eyes. "North, can you help me clean up in the kitchen please. Little bird and I made a bit of a mess."

"Sure Uncle." I replied and went to the kitchen leaving Luke and Baby in the living room. I started cleaning and thinking. I don't know if Baby will be able to sleep if she is not next to one of us. Luke might need to pull a stealth ninja move to get downstairs tonight. And I'll be stuck outside in my trailer, not able to hold my Baby. This is complete torture. She will be sleeping 30 yards away from me, and I can't close the distance.

"North, that girl is absolutely perfect and if you do anything to ruin what Luke has with her..." Uncle trailed off.

"F**k! I haven't done s**t!" I almost yelled at him.

"You let them have some time alone tonight. I sent them home from the diner to have some alone time. I even made a dessert so Luke could woo her a little. A girl like that won't stick around without being romanced a little. And Luke always has one of you with him. They are never alone."

"So, you just want me to f**king disappear?" I can't help but get a little mad at him. He doesn't understand what we are trying to do here.

"I want you to excuse yourself for the evening and let them be alone." Uncle had a don't piss with me look on his face.

"S**t, fine! Let me finish cleaning up and I'll leave." I can't help but grumble and maybe bang a few things. Sang Baby might take my 'excusing myself' as a sign that I am mad at her or don't want to be around her.

The more I think as I clean the less angry I am and the more depressed I am finding myself. I finish up and sulk back to the living room. Uncle is right behind me. Apparently he doesn't trust me either.

Sang is cradled in Luke's lap and they are watching the movie Thor. She had won that favor earlier at the sleep over and apparently she was collecting. "Good night. I'll see you two in the morning for breakfast." I said a little melancholy.

Both Sang and Luke were smiling as they turned to look at me. Uncle gave me a bit of a nudge from behind to get me moving toward the door.

"Why don't you watch this movie with us?" Sang asked me.