Part 34

Part 34

Sang's POV

It was only Wednesday and I was already tired of school this week. I just wanted to work a shift at the diner so I would have money to buy Gabe a birthday present, which I don't know what to get him. And it has been a while since I did laundry, so that is probably something I need to do this week. Maybe one or two of the guys can take me back to visit Mr. Peters at the Veterans Hospital. He was really sweet and I feel bad for him that he is all alone. And finally, I want Sunday to get here so we can have family day.

"Baby, why so glum?" North asked me.

"I'm just tired of school this week."

"But it's only Wednesday Cupcake." Luke chuckled.

"Ugh, don't remind me. Hey, what are you both getting Gabriel for his Birthday?"

"We are getting him a new guitar. It's from both of us." North responded pointing at himself and Luke.

"What are the others getting him?"

"I think Kota and Nathan are giving him new art supplies. A new sketch pad with colored pencils and a new set of paint brushes and canvas." Luke answered.

"Those are great gift ideas. What should I get him?"

"Whatever you get him, he will love. Just because it was from you and you thought of him." North said thoughtfully.

"Ugh, not helping North."

"You'll have to ask the others what they are getting him." Luke smiled as he said this. I grumbled to myself.

I couldn't talk to Luke or Kota in English class about gift ideas because Gabriel is in there with us. Meanie, of course, noticed my funk. "Oy, Trouble! What's wrong? Your not thinking about this morning are you?"

Kota turned around to look at me, concern written on his face, and Luke chuckled while running his fingers through my hair. "What about this morning?" Kota asked.

"No, this morning is forgotten. I'm in a funk because it's Wednesday." I mumbled.

"Ha ha ha, and you dislike hump day?" Meanie asked. Kota scrunched his eyebrows together and tilted his head. Gabriel gave me a side glance like what I said was crazy. "Care to elaborate?"

I sighed, "I'm just not feeling the whole school thing this week."

"She just can't wait to race us on Sunday. Or maybe she just can't wait to give me my reward!" Luke exclaimed happily.

That did brighten me up a bit. "Again, you underestimate me. I may be small, and I may be a girl, but I plan on receiving 9 rewards of my choosing." I was smiling and waggling my eyebrows.

"It's on!" Luke chimed.

"Bring it!" Gabriel taunted.

"Sang, your cute, but we will take you to the cleaners." Kota said smiling at me.

Class began and we had to stop our playful banter. They must have known they would have me smiling again by talking trash with me. Meanie and Kota winked at me before turning to face the front. Luke probably would have too, except I couldn't see him.

I now have a two page paper I have to write on a book of my choice. The assignment is to persuade someone to want to read the book.

As the bell rang Kota turned to me, "stunning" he whispered to himself. "Be good in class." He said to me and ran the back of his fingers over my cheek.

Luke playfully tugged a lock of my hair then turned me around with his hand on my hip. "Until later temptress!" He winked and laughed as he left.

"See you at lunch gorgeous." Meanie said as he let his hand glide across my back and down my arm.