Part 116

Part 116

Owen's POV

Last night Victor worked tirelessly on the computer finding what info he could. I was in touch with Cannon, giving him Blaze's location.

The Steven's team texted me after meeting Blaze that they would take care of it all tomorrow, Sunday. They were taken Friday afternoon. If they are not rescued within 72 hours of abduction, the chances of saving them are slim.

Right now it is 6am and I don't have anyone to talk to about my concerns. Sean went into the hospital again last night for the 7pm- 7am shift. Pulling two graveyard shifts in a row is tough on him when he has to go to the school and teach again this week. It looks like our vacation is officially over.

Once I got ready for the day I went to Dunkin' Donuts and got breakfast wraps and coffee for myself and Sean. Then I drove to his condo to wait for him to get home. After everyone being together for the week, I feel empty all by myself at my house. I don't care if all Sean does is sleeps, I just don't want to sit at my house by myself.

I also need to stop worrying about Blaze and his sisters. The Steven's team is on the case. They won't let me down.

Sean's POV

I barely made it home with my eyes open. Yesterday I had sporadic sleep after getting off of work. A half hour before going to the hospital with Pookie. Some sleep in the car to and from the hospital. Then after seeing Pookie's new property I got about 4 hours sleep at Victor's house.

I was dragging my ass through my front door when I noticed Owen was standing right in front of me holding a breakfast wrap and coffee. He was handing them to me. "Thanks". I mumbled and walked up my stairs to my bedroom. Owen followed me. "What do you want Owen?" I grumpily asked as I set my coffee on the nightstand and flopped onto the bed. I lay on my back opening up my breakfast wrap and began eating with my eyes closed.

"I won't bother you while you sleep, but I wanted to make sure you were ok with me hanging out here until you get up."

"Mmm hhmm." I answered.

"I want to talk to you about Blaze's situation when you get up ok?"

"Whaaa-eeeehh". I tried to say 'whatever' but I was already more than half asleep when I answered him.

Luke's POV

Uncle let North and I off the hook yesterday from working because we told him that Sang's grandfather had died. It was just easier to call Mr. Peters her grandfather than to explain who he really was. Uncle questioned why it took both of us and I said I needed North's support.

But today, we were both expected to work the whole day. Sunday mornings and early lunch are just nuts. First, is the weekend breakfast rush. Then we get the Sunday brunch eaters. Those that slept in but still want a big breakfast on the weekend. Once they finally leave, the local churches are letting out of services and we get the lunch time rush.

The only lag time on Sunday's is between 2pm and 4pm. People eat dinner early on Sunday's because they are trying to be ready for their work/school week. Today is going to be a long day.

We got up and were at the diner by 5am. We had the pancake and waffle batters ready, the egg wash for the French toast ready, we were chopping all the vegetables for omelets and we had both regular and decaf coffee brewing. The first breakfast goers this morning arrived at 7am.

I was busy waiting tables, Silas and Gabriel had shown up minutes before 7am to bus tables and wash dishes and there were a couple other regulars working today. Just after noon we got a text from Mr. B.