Part 9

Part 9

Sang's POV

I was curled up in the passenger seat as Silas drove us home quietly. It wasn't an awkward silence but more like an 'I'm thinking' silence. I should probably just come out with the truth right away as I know they would be able to tell the truth with one glance at me.

I can't believe I did that! I was doing so well. And by the squeeze Silas gave my thigh I could tell he just wanted to let me know how well I was doing. But his fringes making circles on the inside of my thigh, that felt sublime. Involuntarily, I closed my eyes at that touch and then I felt the impact. Ugh!

Every time I replay what happened, I start blushing again. Just count...1,2,3,4,5,6...7.....8.......9.............10. Ahhhhhh, better.

As we arrive back at Nathan's it looks like all the guys are back. Were we gone that long? I look at the clock and it has been an hour. I don't think the fender bender helped. Oh well. Time to face the music.

Silas gets out and comes around to my door, opening it for me. "Thank you for taking me out driving Silas. I am sorry."

"Aggele, I am to blame. Let me tell the guys what happened. You are right, we cannot lie to our family." He said with a sincere smile.

We walk quietly up to the front door and let ourselves in. It smells like we are having lasagna for dinner. I can hear everyone moving about in the house.

"Oy, Trouble, your back! Just in time. Dinner just came out of the oven." Gabe snagged my hand and we went straight to the kitchen.

"Wow, Kota and Nathan, it smells great! I didn't know either of you knew how to make lasagna." I said surprised at the food I saw laid out. There were two lasagnas, four loaves of French bread, and a big bowl of salad.

"We don't! Stouffer's makes a good lasagna. Just heat and serve!" Honey said while gesturing toward the oven.

"Now that everyone is hear, let's eat. Then you can tell us how driving went." Kota instructs.

I hold back a groan. The floor seems very interesting right now. I can't seem to look up at anyone. I see a plate placed in front of me and it is already filled with food. "Thank you" I say quietly, the scent of Spring soap assaults my nose. A finger goes under my chin to raise my face and I know it is Mr. B.

He just looks intently into my eyes, a slight tilt of his head, his eyes narrow slightly. "Mr. Korba, why does Miss Sorenson look guilty about something?" He said in a firm tone.

Silas says, "everyone get your food, sit down and I will explain." There is quick movement by the guys and no one is talking. The silence makes me nervous. Silas must have noticed my nerves because he rubbed my shoulder and then proceeded to tell what happened.

"I had Sang drive us to the school. She had commented earlier to Luke that she didn't really know her way around Charleston and I thought she should at least feel comfortable getting to and from school. We were at that culs-de-sac that is just before the school and I told her to turn onto that street so we could turn around and head back. Aggele Mou was driving so well. She kept her eyes on the road, she was using the turn signals, she was checking her mirrors regularly and she was driving just under the speed limit."

"So why the f**k does she look guilty?" Gabe interrupted.

"You have to let me get to that Gabe. So, I was asking Aggele if she could remember the directions I gave her in reverse or if I needed to give directions on the way home too. She said she thought she could remember. I felt she could use some reassurance that she was doing great. So I reached over and gave her leg a little squeeze."