Rain and Coffee

The air has a harsh cold to it but there is no snow. The ground is wet because it is almost always raining on the east coast, but Andy likes it that way. February back home in Ohio means bountiful of snow but here, it's just wet and cold. Andy has on a black leather jacket with black combat boots, along with a light wash pair of jeans and a white t shirt underneath. His hair is messily slicked back and he keeps his head down low, hoping no one recognizes him.

These last six months have been brutalizing. He watched his husband be tortured in every way possible. He lost almost all of his money just to watch his husband's condition get more deadly by the second and watched him seizure until he died. He saw it all. He remembers Remington screaming his name. If the nurse truly meant he was delirious and couldn't hear us, than was I his last thought? How he was begging for forgiveness and wanting me near him? Andy shakes the feeling off and breathes in the crisp air. His screams will forever haunt me.

It is Valentines Day, go figure. Andy has two bouquets of roses for his two favorite people here. He steps into his favorite coffee café and sees Mia, her skin glowing even against the cloudy day.

"My Andy's Mint Chocolate love!" 

Her nicknames get worse the longer they know each other.

"My darling Mia, Happy Valentine's day." He hands her the red bouquet of roses and she squeals.

"Awe you shouldn't have! I love them so much!"

She grabs them and hugs onto them. She then puts them on the counter and makes Andy his vanilla cappuccino and she makes herself a matcha latte. She sits with the tall man against the window and watches the rain pour. 

"You are absolutely insane for walking here you know."

"The air felt nice. Everything has been so dark and cramped lately that I needed space. The rain just reminded me that I'm alive."

Mia frowns, sipping on her latte. "You miss him? How have you been coping?"

Andy sighs and leans back in his chair. "Every fucking day. I'm starting to hate myself every day more and more. If I wouldn't have reconnected with that bastard none of this would have happened. I'm the one that should of been punished, not him."

Mia grabs his cold hand and smiles gently.

"Andy love, don't give up hope. It's going to get better. You have a huge support system around you to help. We all love Remington. But you need to take care of yourself."

Andy tears up and nods. 

"Hey, can you get me a large chai to go?"