Texts and Shots

27 weeks. 27 long, gruelling weeks. 24 of it has been so beautiful. But the last 3? Fucking awful.

But today's the day. Today is the fucking day! Remington is scared, but has to do it. He has been feeling weaker, his ankles are swollen like crazy. He is dizzy when he stands up or stands too long. The cold sweats are back. His sugar is dropping.

He waddles to the bathroom, letting the faucet run while he quickly turns on his phone from under the sink. He shoves it back under, making sure every alarm and ringtone is absolutely silent. He quickly puts his head against the toilet, flushing it and whimpering, knowing his 90 seconds are up.

Sure enough, the door barges open, and there stands William, in his boxers and cooing at the younger man.

"Still not feeling good baby?" William asks, squatting in front of him.

"Will...it's my sugar...I need help..."

"Nonsense babe, you are going to be okay."

"William please listen to me...I'm hypoglycemic... I have to test my sugar. I know it's low. Please Will...I'll die if it gets too low."

William frowns, putting his hands on his swollen belly. "What can I do Remi?"

"I need a glucose meter...you can pick that up at a drug store. The meter and the test strips. But Andy has my shots. If you-"

"No, absolutely not." William growls, anger evident in his eyes.

"Please, I need the shots. Baby, I don't want to pass out and die. Please, for me, and at the drug store pick me up sugary drinks. It'll all help."

The man sighs, "You absolutely need it?"

Remington nods weakly. "Please. Do it for us. For me. For our baby."

William smiles, pressing his thin lips against Remington's soft plush ones. "I'll text him. Do you need me to stay in here with you?"

Remington shakes his head, smiling sweetly. "Just go get the meter and sodas for now please. I'll be okay. But I might get sick again so just leave me here."

William nods, rubbing his belly one last time. "It'll take me twenty minutes." He rushes out the door, Remington sighing in relief. He waits 5 minutes before sneaking back to the cabinet, grabbing his phone hastily.

Remington- Andy, baby ????

3 minutes go by and Remington trembles, needing an answer quickly.

He sees his phone light up, Andy calling him. His heart aches, he declines it, quickly texting him.

Remington- No phone calls. Will doesn't know I have hidden my phone

Andy- Oh my god baby I'm so fucking worried about you!!! Are you okay??? How is our baby???? God baby I'm working on finding you!!!

Remington tears up, needing to hear his lover's voice.

Remington- I don't have long to talk, I'll be keeping my phone off to save battery. My sugar is low. He said he will be contacting you to get my shots. Plz don't hassle him. Just do it no questions.

Andy- The FBI want a picture to prove it's you...I'm sorry baby. And I will. Whatever you need.

Remington- Baby is fine. Kicking a lot. Plz. Shots. I gotta go. Plz don't send lots of messages. Send long text. I am trying to live. He wants us to be a couple or else he will kill me. So I'm faking. If he says anything just act like you've given up. Pls. Make it easier. I love you so fucking much.

Andy- I love you too baby. So much. I will get you home soon

Remington-

He shuts the phone off quickly, hiding it back in it's spot and laying down on the floor

He shuts the phone off quickly, hiding it back in it's spot and laying down on the floor. It feels so cold. So good. His vision is a little clouded but he is trying to be okay. He has to be. Andy needs him. Their baby needs him.

The door barges open, William smiling sweetly. "Hey babes, I got what you requested."

"I can't get up baby," Remington pants. "I think I might need a doctor."

William sighs, picking the boy up. "Nonsense. I got the meter. Let's test you up and you drink the pop. Come on now."

"Andy..." Remington lays his head on Williams chest. "Please get the shots from Andy."

He lays them both on the bed and Remington quickly puts the meter together. He closes his eyes and let's it jab into his skin, he still jumps. Andy I need you...

He puts the test strip inside, then quickly opening the bottle of Coke. He chugs it, groaning at the instant heartburn it causes.

William takes out his phone, dialing the man's number. Remington lays his head weakly down on the older man's stomach, hoping, praying, that the sugar from the drink will help.

"Hello?"

"Ah my my my how weak you sound. Hello Andy dear, how are you?"

"Where the fuck is my husband Will? What are you doing to him! Don't you fucking dare hurt a hair on his head!"

William chuckles, putting his fingers through Remington's hair. "He actually doesn't want to be with you anymore Andy. He has given up his love for you to be with me. Our baby will be great. So beautiful."

Andy gasps, making Remington internally cringe. "I...I can't...is...is he at least happy?"

"He's more than happy. He's ecstatic. He's been wanting this for a long time."

Remington whimpers, "Babe, please, enough messing around."

"I actually called with a meaning. I need the shots to help my dear baby's sugar. Do you think we can arrange that exchange? Don't want to give our boy much trouble huh?"

"Let me hear his voice first. Then I'll do it." Andy says quickly.

Remington looks at the meter and sighs heavily. "Andy..."

"Oh Remington...are you okay?"

"Shots Andy... shots..."

"Do you know what your glucose is?"

"52."

Andy gasps and that sounds real. "Put William back on the phone now."

Remington closes his eyes and gives the phone back to Will.

William talks longer, nodding, and eventually Remington falls asleep.