Chai and Flowers

Andy walks home once the rain has stopped. Thankfully he doesn't live too far from the café. He goes there at least three times a week now for his little source of happiness. No one truly understands but it is nice to have someone to talk to. 

He opens the front door to Lonny sitting on the couch, smiling at him gently. 

"Fresh air do you good?"

Andy smiles back. "Yeah, thanks for staying here. Did he do okay?"

Lonny gives a sympathetic smile and sighs. "He hasn't came out of his room and still won't eat. He won't talk to me but what's new."

Andy frowns and sits down. "At least he doesn't panic around you. He panics around everyone else, even people he knows. But I'm going to go ahead and let him know I'm back."

Lonny gets up and walks to the guest room where he has been staying off and on the last six months. He's been trying to be as helpful as possible and do whatever he can.

"Baby love it's me, I'm home," Andy says while walking to the room. He peaks his head in softly to see his husband sitting on the bed, drawing on a sketchpad. 

"What are you drawing?" Andy asks softly, putting the chai on the night stand next to him.

"A bunch of doodles really," Remington whispers, giving his husband a slight smile.

"Mia said hi and that she misses you. I brought you chai, is that okay?"

Remington nods and smiles, grabbing the drink and taking a sip of it. 

"Ugh I love it so much." Andy hands him the bouquet of white roses and Remington touches a petal, biting his bottom lip. "What are these for baby?"

"Valentines is today babe," Andy smiles. Remington looks down.

"Oh, oh God I'm so sorry I forgot. I'll make it up to you okay?"

Andy puts his hand next to Remington's and waits for permission to hold it. Remington nods and Andy gently rubs his hand.

"Did you even know it was February love?"

Remington shakes his head and looks down. 

"I miss the old me Andy. I hate being cooped up in here."

"Then let's go for a walk sweetie. Or even a car ride. You know I'll protect you, right? We can even go visit Mia. You know she misses her Ratatouille."

Remington lays down and takes another sip of his chai.

"I can't even hug you, there's no way we can go outside yet," he whispers. 

"Baby steps. You've been doing so much better darling."