Hospitals and Sadness

Hey y'all sooooooo for some odd reason it deleted most of this chapter awhile ago and there is literally no revision history which makes no fucking sense 😭 I've been trying to remember what the fuck I wrote but all I have to remember was crying afterwards because it was so sad and emotional lmao. Soooo. This won't be as great, but it'll live 😅

Remington-

Remington sends it to Andy, then goes back to watching The Office. I guess that's one good thing about this god forsaken hospital...

Andy texts him immediately.

Andy- Is everything okay? Are you okay?

Remington- Ummmm aren't you supposed to be on set?

Andy- I am. I have like an hour left. I will leave after meeting fans. Can you tell me what's going on?!

Remington- baby, call me when you are on the bus. We will talk maybe then <3

Andy- ughhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Remington rolls over on the bed, staring into nothing. He only has partial results but so far everything is looking horrible. His eyes daze over the room, breathing softly. Disassociating is so frowned upon but in the moment, it's bliss.

Emerson scoots his chair next to his brother, taking his hand and gently stroking the elder's soft locks. "It's going to be okay you know. Take what they are saying seriously and let me help bub."

Remington closes his eyes, tears starting to burn. "What if he leaves me because I'm too high maintenance?"

Emerson wipes his tears with his thumb, looking up at his monitor and reading his numbers. "He won't bub. He loves you. And you love him. You guys are soulmates."

"Emmy. I fucking cheated on him. There is literally no excuse I can give that will ever make up for it. I'm a lame ass cheating whore of a husband who is having a million and one health issues because of who I left him for. He's not going to stick around. I fucked up. I can't believe myself really."

"Okay Rem...in your perfect world...where would you be right now? What would make you happy? Anything."

The elder sniffles, wondering for a moment. "I'd be in the kitchen...baking cookies, bringing them outside with lemonade on a warm sunny day, huge and pregnant with our fourth. Andy would be in the backyard playing with our dogs and kids...maybe 2 dogs and 3 kids. I'd be healthy, happy, content. Andy would be head over heels over his...I mean our kids. Andy would hold me from behind, rub my belly and feel the baby kick, tell me how proud he is of me...yeah...I think that would be it."

Emerson nods, smiling sweetly. "Then why don't you aim towards that goal? You and Andy can be happy together. Get yourself healthy for a family together. You could also stop your birth control and who knows that might help you out too."

Remington shrugs, staring down. "I don't know if he would want a family with me now."

"Well, regardless, let's focus on you first. That's the best thing you can do for your marriage."

"You don't get it. How tired I am of trying. This...this is all so fucking scary. Them saying I might have a heart attack or a stroke and my kidneys might be failing. Fuck Em. It'd be easier to OD then to fight this."

Emerson frowns, grabbing his brother's hand tightly. "You will not hurt yourself and you will get better. Andy needs you. I need you. Maybe even Seb needs you, who knows. You've been through a lot...the whole William shit, Josie's shit for years, Andy's shit, I mean you weren't able to talk for awhile. Look how far you've come. You are a survivor. This is not going to be the end. It can't be."

"I...I'm scared."

"Why don't you text Andy and let him know what you know so far? I know he is spazzing out and waiting for you. But Rem, it'll be okay. I'm here for you."

Remington hugs his brother, giving him a tight hug. His bond with Emerson has always been different and special. As if they have always been best friends since the beginning.

Remington- you there?

He waits 5 minutes, feeling his phone vibrate.

Andy- I'm here lovie

Remington- I don't have all the test results yet but basically I'm at risk of...a lot of things

Andy- oh baby

Remington- My blood pressure has been on the lower side, same with my sugar... they confirmed hypoglycemia. Then they are sending me to a cardiologist because I'm a huge risk for heart problems and also my blood tests showed a lot of bad things. They said my kidneys might be shutting down

Andy- oh my god Remi. Is there anything that will help???

Remington- I have to eat better. I have to be better Andy. They said I could randomly have a heart attack right now or go into a coma.

Andy- Fuck fuck fuck

Remington- It's all my fault. If I would have never left you...none of this would be happening...

Andy- don't even try to blame yourself for this. Baby we will get you better don't worry.

Remington- well...I gotta go....I'm tired and I think they are discharging me soon....