Hot Cocoa and Cigarettes

"Ratatouille!" Mia screams and runs over to the couple, hugging them both tightly. She grabs Remington's face and kisses his cheeks.

"Do you even realize how long it's been? I could of had a whole baby and popped it out by now! That's how long!"

Remington giggles, "Well, did you?"

Mia scoffs. "Oh hell no. Besides my future baby daddy isn't available yet." She winks and grinds up against him.

"I swear you are going to steal him one day," Andy chuckles, wrapping an arm around his blushing husband. 

"One day!" She yells, walking to the counter. "What do y'all want today?"

"My usual and a hot cocoa for the blondie."

"Okay so Vanilla Cap for my Andy Mint Chocolate and hot cocoa for my hottie, got it." 

Andy pays and sits down at a corner table by all the windows. Remington sits next to him and grabs his hands. "Hey..."

Andy chuckles and rubs his hands. "Hey you."

Remington bites his bottom lip and and his blush is more present. "Do you think, when we get home..." 

"Okay loves I got your drinks!" She places the two to go cups in front of them and the men stand up, giving one last hug to her. "Don't be a stranger you two!"

The men head out the door and slowly walk to the car. The streets are lit up by lights and Remington feels happy and warm. Andy watches him walk and smiles, loving how far he has come. Remington walks on the curb and Andy laughs at his long spider legs walking on a small patch of pavement. 

As they continued to get closer to the car, Andy swears he feels eyes staring at them. He looks around and sees nothing, so he shrugs it off. 

"I've got a tight grip on reality. But I can't let go of what's in front of me here. I know you're leaving in the morning when you wake up. Leave me with some kind of proof it's not a dream. You are the only exception. You are the only exception..."

Andy smiles at his lover's raspy voice. He doesn't really sing much anymore but he's definitely getting better. My baby is almost all the way back. He's so fucking strong. What the fuck-

Andy looks up and sees William staring from afar down the street. Thank God we are almost to our car.

He unlocks it quickly and runs to ahead to Remington and grabs him by the waist, running to the car.

"Baby get in get in!" He yells, running towards the passenger side. He opens it and shoves his husband in quickly, then stands back on the street at the man who is still a small distance away. William takes a drag from his cigarette and smiles at Andy. Andy gets in the car to see his husband wide eyed and scared. He takes off quickly, holding Remington's hand in the process. 

"It's okay baby, it's okay."

"Was that... was that William?"

Andy glances at him while they drive in the Atlanta traffic, swerving and passing other cars. 

"Slow down, please Ands, you are fucking scaring me."

Andy nods and goes the speed limit, slowing down his breathing. They reach their house and Andy helps Remington inside, both of them looking over their shoulders. The house is so eerie and quiet that Remington stays glued to Andy's side, feeling his anxiety get worse. He keeps looking over his shoulder and into corners, his hands trembling. 

"Yeah, we just saw him. Yeah, he was walking towards our car. I need more security here asap. I need our house patrolled more. I don't want that creep anywhere near here."

He hangs up the phone and sees Remington's scared expression. "Hey you, come here..." Remington hugs him tight and nuzzles his head into his neck. 

"Baby, I think I'm gonna," he pants out. Andy already knows what he is going to say so he lifts him up bridal style and heads to their bedroom, gently placing him on the bed. He has the heat on and helps Remington get dressed into a pair of sweat pants, then fetches him a cup of water. He pulls out a hydroxyzine pill for him to relax to, but not completely zonk him out. He plugs in the heated blanket and undresses quickly, hugging his lover.

"Breathe baby, it's okay. I got people watching our house 24/7. Nothing is going to happen, okay?"

Remington nods and calms down after thirty minutes. Andy has the television on and Remington is draped over him lazily, barely paying attention to the show. 

"Ands?"

He looks down at his husband, who's head is on his chest. "What Remi?" He asks, rubbing his soft hair out of his face.

"I...fuck...I feel him on me again." He looks like his face has paled and Andy sits up, bringing him into his lap.

"How can I help sweetheart? Tell me what to do. I don't want you feeling this way at all."

Remington bites his lip and looks up at his husband. "Make love to me?"