Songs and Phone Calls

"Hello?"

Andy smiles in relief, hearing his husband's voice. He even sounds more lively. Awake. Okay.

"Hey Rems, I haven't heard from you in over a week, is everything going okay?"

"Oh, yeah, sorry about that. I've been spending some time alone and doing some thinking I guess. My number is back up to 64 though."

"That's good babe! I'm really proud of you. Have you been eating better or are you still feeling sick?"

"Eh, both. I just try to ignore the nausea I guess. I am at 150 though so I guess that's good news too I don't know."

"Of course that's good news!" Andy steps off the bus and they are now in Chicago, the weather is absolutely freezing. His feet crunch against the snow as he walks. "I wish you were here. It is so beautiful when it snows. I think you'd really like Chicago."

Remington laughs, "I'm from Canada. I know the snow a little too well. I rather stay where it's warm."

"I always forget that you are Canadian."

"Eh maybe that's why I feel like I don't belong."

Andy frowns and stops walking. "So, what are your plans for today? Anything good?"

"Um, nothing really. Deep cleaning the house. I've been getting into yoga a little more. Forcing myself to eat. Feels like it's already a full days work."

Andy chuckles. "So I'm working on a solo album and I've been writing like crazy. I can't wait for you to hear it."

"Oh yeah? Did you write any songs about me?"

"Yeah actually. Most of the album is for you. All of our ups and downs and how it's okay and that I still love you."

"O...oh." Remington frowns and lays back on the bed.

"You okay babe? You seem a little down."

Remington sighs, covering himself in his fluffy blankets. 

"You'll be home in what, 3 and a half weeks? So um, I went ahead and moved all of my stuff to the guest bedroom so you can have the master. I don't like you sleeping on the couch when you have a perfectly amazing bed upstairs."

Andy slides his fingers through his hair stressfully. "Why the fuck would you do that Rem? I'm fine with us sharing a room. Are you not? I thought you wanted us back."

"Well, for starters you don't sleep with me when you are home. I know that uncomfortable ass couch hurts to sleep on. You did also ignore me up until you went on tour....I'm pretty shocked that you are even calling me to begin with." 

"Look, I'm sorry okay? I haven't told you what's been going on with me and I've been keeping you away from it. But it doesn't mean I dont love you or anything. I'm trying I promise."

"Hey, um I'm just going to let you go okay? I rather be alone for a little bit. Bye."