Sixteen

"What do you mean?" I asked Charles, confused.

"You will be moving apartments, Mr. Solace said that he wants a more secure place for you to live."

"So, why is this a luxury condominium? Isn't an apartment enough?" I raised an eyebrow. I looked around the condo and it was nowhere near to being simple. My penthouse when I was Ivy was still much larger but this was much bigger than my room as to when I first started my business. And I already had money then.

But the problem about this building is that this is the most expensive one in the whole state, why did my father pay for such a high-priced condo when he could have bought me a cheaper one?? I don't get him.

"The thing is Miss, it's because from now on during the weekends I will not be the one to guard you."

"Why?? And what's that have to do with the condominium?"

"Because the one who will be guarding you owns a condominium here as well. He doesn't live here for now but he will be soon." He explained.

What the fuck? Then he's already filthy rich. Why is he working as a bodyguard then? The heck. This condo building only has eight available rooms since it's so Goddamn expensive and I only live on the second floor.

There aren't any rooms on the first floor, I live on the second floor. The third floor is already occupied and the rest were already bought out. Not sure if anyone lives in any of them though since this condo used to be privately owned.

"And who is this person?"

"The Company's CEO, Mr. Massoumbert." 

...Am I supposed to know this guy?

"Alright." figures why he would own a condo there.

- - -

"Thanks," I said to Charles as he dropped me off

"Ah Miss McKenna, I will not be picking you up later this afternoon, Mr. Massoumbert will."

I nodded my head and went to class.

"You should have seen my Mother's face. Pierre's pheromones rubbed off on me since he went in heat and unluckily for me, I was there." Annie groaned in frustration.

"What happened?" 

"So my mom thought I did the deed with Pierre and Pierre was with me going home since he always dropped me off. My Mom being the Asian Indian tyrant mother she is, didn't even think it through and chased after Pierre with a slipper and a spatula." She shook her head.

(A/n: My mother is Filipino but I referenced this because I know many Asians, maybe even other races, go through the same pain as me where their mom chases after you with a slipper. In my case, a tsinelas. )

"And guess what, she had splendid aim cause look at the bruise on my beautiful forehead!" Pierre exaggerated. 

"It ain't even that big, plus your foreheads pretty fuckin ugly." I deadpanned

"HEY!"

"Anyways, at least things worked out in the end," I said.

"Yeah, she invited him over for dinner," Annie explained.

"The Butter Chicken was absolutely delicious by the way." Pierre kissed his fingers as if he was a chef.

*BELL RINGS*

"That will be all class, you are dismissed." Our professor said and we all stood up.

I already bid the two of them goodbye and walked to the gate of the campus. The other guy was supposed to pick me up but I don't see him anywhere. I continued walking out from the gates to the bus station just a 5-minute walk far from where I was.

..Nevermind, he's here. I can already tell since his pheromones are nauseous. 

I pinched my nose and turned around, he was already staring at me. Oh, so it was him.

"Miss McKenna, where do you think you are off to? " He arched an eyebrow at me.

"Didn't think you'd be coming, Mr. Red Corpsman Alpha Dude." I shuffled through my bag and took out a mask. It's the special kind that can actually help prevent you from inhaling pheromones. I can still smell some of it though, at least it wasn't as intoxicating.

"You better stop, the others around us can't handle your pheromones." I scolded him.

He stared at me for a little longer and did so, he opened the car door for me. It was the passenger seat, usually, I'd sit at the back seat but whatever.

I sat down and he gently closed the door.

He drove straight to the condo and dropped me off at the front while he goes and parks the car in the parking lot. I enter the building and walked to the elevator, it was closing but the person inside held it open.

"Caius?" I asked surprised.

"Valentina?! Ah, so you were the new resident?" He smiled at me.

I saw the floor button he pressed on, "And you were the one who lived on the third floor." 

"Yup, It's so nice to have you as my neighbor! Please visit me whenever you want." He expressed.

I didn't expect Mr. Whatever his name is to be so quick since he managed to get in the elevator as well.

"Sir Claude, good to see you again." He smiled at him. Hm, Claude..what the heck is your last name?..I bet the internet knows. They know everything..*sigh* I suddenly remember when I was Ivy, I don't know how they find out what the heck I eat during breakfast before it was downright creepy.

He talked with Caius with such tender eyes, just like what I saw in the novel. Seems like they already are in love with him. That's great, just leave me out of it, I just want to be friends with Caius since he's too precious for you old horny fuckers.

When I reached my floor I just had to tap in my card at the side of the elevator. It opened and a door was right in front, just one door and a short hallway.

"See you again, Caius. I'll message you when I'd visit." I gave him a smile. If I think about it I only ever smile at kids and people who I like, if not it's either forced or a sarcastic one. 

"You too, Valentina." He blushed a bit when he locked eyes with me. He really is frickin cute.

Sir Claude knew my password so he pushed me inside while unlocking another door after that. I have two doors.

"Geez, what the heck was that for." I glared at him.

"Stop flirting with Caius." He narrowed his eyes at me.

"Wha- flirting?? He's a friend. Look, I know and it's pretty fucking damn obvious that you have feelings for Caius. Ok, no big deal but listen here big fella, whatever happens with my relationship with Caius, it's between the two of us." I snapped. It's not like he'd like me anyways, plus I don't have a death wish. 

What am I? Stupid? I fully know what those idiotic Alphas are capable of and I ain't butting in nowhere, especially in their relationship, blech. Why would you even like those stupid horny alphas in the first place?

"No cursing with this pretty little mouth of yours, Alright, little girl?..also, whatever you said. I don't care. You are still a kid, there is no way Caius would like you, now would an adult like me." 

"Tch, and you think I would find you attractive?? In your dreams, you old man. Good night." I slammed the door on his face.

To be Continued . . .