Seventy-six

I stayed by the door as I listened to their conversation. I usually don't eavesdrop on people,

 but the topic was about me.

-Third Person's POV-

"Can I just talk with Valentina??"

"No,"

"*sigh* Fine, If what you said is true, why would you reveal her to the public? Why would your family decide to announce to the world that Valentina is the illegitimate daughter?? A daughter born outside of a supposed faithful marriage?" Claude asked.

"We wouldn't have needed to do this if your employee didn't fuck up in guarding my sister and maybe it would have been different if the person who was supposed to be protecting her in the first place, the one who placed our trust on, actually did his job. Oh, but what did he do? he went to fucking Paris, leaving his client to take up another client when his contract was exclusive with my sister." Milan griped.

"I already told your father about that, Milan, and also what the fuck do you mean??

"So you're acting like you don't know anything?? After ditching my sister to protect Miss Ambrosia? Should I even call it protecting? Or dating? I can't tell the fucking difference."

'...What. did. he. say?'

Unknown to both Milan and Claude, it was an order from Fox that the kidnapping of Valentina was to be kept secret and no one must know about it aside from the people at the site. He fired the man who was guarding Valentina at the time for the reason of neglect.

He knew that Klaus wouldn't have done so unless he had a plan. He didn't want to take any more chances, especially when there was a possibility..that his wife was alive.

"Milan." Valentina stepped out.

"V-Valentina, *ahem* do you want to eat?" He changed his former enraged expression with a smile.

"Not now. You want to talk with me right? Come in."

"But-" Milan tried to oppose but stopped when she motioned for him to stop.

Valentina opened her door for Claude to walk in, she then closed it and had him sit on the opposite side of the couch.

" So, why are you here? I would assume they still need you in Paris as your fly-back date isn't in three more days." She asked while yawning.

"That's what you are asking me? We've been trying to get a hold of you since last night." He questioned, agitated.

The previous night, he found it odd that she hadn't been replying to his messages but decided to think nothing of it but then messages sent by others started to worry him,

..

Have any of you talked with Ivy today?

Caius 18:27 pm

I was about to ask that question right now, I just tried to call her but she isn't picking up. Is she busy?

Sebastian 19:36 pm

Are her finals over yet? She's not replying to my texts. 

Raven 20:57 pm

I just arrived at the condo, she's not home yet. I tried checking her location, and it's off.

Slade 21:40 pm