Forty-two

-Slade's POV-

"You should know why we called you here, Darling." Vincenzo berated in a low voice while raising Caius' chin.

"No, I don't." He denied.

"Well then, it starts with a V and ends with an A. I wonder who on earth could that little princess be.." I raised a brow.

"Let's stop beating around the fucking bush, do you like Valentina." Sebastian probed.

Caius' mouth twitched then straightened out to a flat line, "Why are we talking about Valentina? Obviously I- I.."

"You what, Caius?" Claude pressed.

"..." He remained silent.

"We don't need to share you with anyone else." Demetrius Insisted.

"Valentina is just..s- she's just a 17-year-old brat. Kids her age just like to flirt, we shouldn't be bothered by what she does." Raven said. 

Upset, Caius spoke up in a slightly quivered voice, "S-she doesn't affect me..."

Deny it if you can, your eyes speak for themselves but we must not let her in. She's too young for us, I doubt she even thinks of us that way. I might say that I have no interest in her but they all know it's just lies. 

A drug you can't help but take and get addicted to, that's what she is. Raven may just be right, being a flirt is just her nature but not in the way she meant it. But the bottom line is we swore before we courted Caius that aside from us, we won't share him with anyone else. 

Maybe that would have been slightly different if it weren't that he left our circle then there could have been a possibility we would have shared Caius with another.

"We don't need anyone, whether it be another man or woman, or even an underaged princess in our relationship with you. It's already enough that I have to share you with them." Vincenzo chastised in a stern voice.

"...*sigh* We are such terrible liars." Caius laughed weakly.

A loud slam echoed outside of the room. Claude's brows knitted in a frown, "I closed all doors before I left earlier."

Vincenzo pulled out his gun and walked out first, it didn't take long for us to find the pair of shoes at the front. Shoes that we didn't see coming here, "Valentina's back." Raven's eyes widened.

"Doesn't she have class?? Why is she home so early??" Sebastian worried.

"D-do..you think she listened to our conversation?" Caius stuttered.

As if she heard us, the door to her room opened. She faced us with a face void of emotion, a look I never want her to look at me with. Her voice was colder and full of bite, "No need to talk about me behind my back. You don't have to worry, I don't expect you guys to have an interest in someone like me. An underaged princess like you pointed out but know that I also have no interest in rude old fucking men who didn't have the guts to talk shit in front of my face."

Just before she slammed the door on us, hurt and disappointment flashed on her face.

..That's what we wanted right? The assurance that she wouldn't- ..that she wouldn't have feelings for us.