Ninety-two

-Slade's POV-

"Caius?" My voice echoed in his room. 

I saw his car parked in front of the complex but he didn't respond when I was calling him earlier so he could let me in his unit. I stopped waiting and took out my spare and went in but, he wasn't home.

Could he have gotten a lift? Did someone pick him up?

I checked my phone only to find out that his location was off. I proceeded to message him but it all failed. I grew concerned and so I called Vincenzo.

"If you are going to ask about Caius, I know. We're already trying to find him." His voice was rushed, and judging from the noise behind him, he was in his base.

"What do you mean? Finding him? Where the fuck is he???" I flipped. My heart was rushing, he couldn't have possibly gotten kidnapped. No. Fuck No.

I could then hear him ordering his subordinates to do something, he was shouting. He never shouts unless he was anxious and frustrated. That means someone's fucking got him.

"Vincenzo, I swear to fucking God. Tell me what the fuck is happening!"

"KLAUS HAS CAIUS, YOU FUCKING HAPPY?!" He yelled.

"Wha- How?! Didn't you and Heinrich have men everywhere guarding him? Are your men that incompetent to not even be able to protect him?!"

"They're all knocked out. They don't remember anything. Not. a. fucking. thing.

Frustrated, I hung up on him.

I had my own team to get the footage of when Caius was last seen. You could see him running out of the library and into his car. He was in his car talking..to no one? Who is he facing?? and before you could even blink, he was out. The camera cuts there and then switches to a different angle of the car moving as if he was driving it.

There was a silhouette of a person in the driver's seat but even until the end, you couldn't see who it was. 

"Where are the other footages? Why are they all cut??" I asked one of the heads of the team.

"W-Well Sir, whenever the camera would pan to see the driver, the security camera would switch off at a certain radius. It was as if the person had a device that interrupts every possible device that could record, be it video or photo."

"How is that possible? There isn't a device like that made anywhere in this world."

"That is why we too are confused. Once or twice could've been a coincidence but every single security camera would do this." 

" *exasperated sigh* Call Claude Massoumbert and Raven Halifax. Tell them that I want to talk."

If there was anyone I know that could help, Claude has connections with the deepest and most influential people in the government, and Raven owns the leading tech company in the world as of now. Despite him being a total idiot, he's fucking smart at the same time.

"Sir, we cannot connect with Mister Massoumbert. It was said that he was called by the military's special force, specifically the Red Corps."