Seventy-eight

"I told you~ " Milan teased Wesley while hugging me like a koala.

"get off." I sighed.

" I know, I know, stop repeating it already." Wesley sulked.

"You just wouldn't believe me when I told you that she was smarter than you think. Ha! your prideful ass finally lost for once." He boasted.

"Get. Off."

"Ah- sorry, sorry~" He then finally let go and stepped back.

After the little talk with the other dude earlier, they bombarded me with questions like what did I do, how did I do it, and all that basic interrogation crap. I shrugged it off and told them that it was some sort of innate talent and somehow, they bought it.

"Pass me that one over there," I told Milan as I pointed at the paper works on his left.

"Okay~"

I decided to help him out with his paperwork, it was because he had to guard me that his work piled up like this. I was also just curious how differently do things function here compared to my world as I too owned my own company.

If I were to compare, as I have thought, this is much easier to manage.

"Pass me the next one."

"...That was the last one."

I turned to him and looked over to see it really was empty.

"Hm, I suppose so. I'm famished, let us get something to eat." I then stood up. 

"That was the quickest I have ever gone through three piles of work." He awed.

"Where would you like to eat?" Wesley asked, walking beside me.

"Wherever."

He opened the car door for me and thought while he drove. We eventually stopped at a French restaurant.

"Reason?" I raised a brow.

"We are part french, we know for a fact that the food here is good." Milan piped in.

I hummed in response, must be from their mother since Fox does not have a single speck of french in him. We walked into the restaurant and it has a very comfortable and homely feel to it. It was quite pleasing.

"Ah! Wes! Mil! Good to see you here!" An old man spoke in french and walked toward us with a big smile.

" Uncle Herbert~ " Milan bid.

" Good afternoon, Herbert. Can we have a table for three? "

" Of course! this must be your cute sister. " He smiled at me. 

" Yes, I am the said sister. " I greeted.

" I knew it! Call me grandpa or uncle like these kill joys call me. " He laughed as he directed us to the seat. 

I ordered from the menu they provided and compared it to the Milford Hotel that I used to work in, the uniforms here are more plain and practical.

I stopped working there after my contract ended roughly a month ago. Hildegarde, Vincenzo's grandmother still invites me over every now and then. I saw her last week along with Raven's grandparents.

They kept asking me how my relationship with their sons have been going but I told them it was fine as we weren't even in a relationship, to begin with.

I was cut off from my trail of thought when the food was served. I took a bit and was pleasantly surprised by the flavor.

"Is..is it good?" Wesley asked me nervously.