One Hundred Sixteen

-Heinrich's POV-

I stared at her face as I sat across her in the living room. Despite the holovision on, and it might seem that she was watching, seeing that she is biting her lip is a clear indication that she's zoning out. Her hair fell to the sides of her face, so delicate, and so tempting. 

I do miss this tic of hers. I could just press my lips onto her soft ones to prevent her further attack on those precious lips. I was having a gratifying time paying all of my attention to her when I heard my phone ring. It was that ringtone that I had set for that specific dreadful person.

Valentina Solace.

Before I had picked up her call I took a glance at my beautiful queen. She was listening to the news about the airborne genetic mutation issue that has been surging. It was a weird occurrence where men and women alike would pass out for a range of days but no longer than a week. They'd wake up but there were no studies coming up to what had actually happened to them but when you study their genetic DNA, their genome, it had been changing. All of them were mutating.

Physically nothing alarming has happened to them once this happens.  All eight of us have had this mutation for over a year now, it started two years ago. It was clear that this mutation was not man-made, but confusion to us all of its origins.

But we had no time to focus on that when a bigger issue surfaced. An illness that had been attacking solely women. No matter what their age, they would inevitably die once caught. Raven's medical institute has been looking for a way to cure the disease. 

It aimed at children to elders, omegas to alphas, no woman was spared. The weirdest was that, unlike the genetic mutation, men are totally immune to this illness. Another reason why we want to keep our beloved wife inside here. There is already a large amount of female deaths all around the world. A total of 56,172,489 fatalities. I wasn't going to let her be one of them.

I coughed to see if Everline would notice me but when she did not I stood up. Heading to one of the corners of the room to answer the phone. 

"Did you hack the MSLM 05?! Why do you have Ivy trapped in your house?! Are you fucking crazy!" She screamed through the phone.

I let out an exasperated sigh at her exaggeration. I never liked this woman, I don't have a clue how the alternate version of me came to like this irritating human.

"If you know the answer, why bother asking? I didn't trap my wife, we're just keeping her safe. Making sure she doesn't go back to that worthless world of yours that can't do fucking shit without her. And yes, I am crazy. Unless you lived underneath a fucking planet, you'd know that." I answered.

She complained a bit more and I was getting tired of listening to her yapping. I could be having the time of my life being beside my wife but no. I reminded her what we could do, and she immediately shut up. Cursing that she regrets letting us in the MSLM 05 but what can she do? She already did it. Too late to regret now, especially when we have it under our control.

"You don't know who you are up against, Heinrich. If she's still in there then that means she has a plan. The people in the empire are still looking for her even till now. They found out that her coffin didn't have a body, and the imperial family is still trying to make a copy of her body just to find one premade a few days ago. She was the one who made it. That woman..there's something about her that you don't know."