Eighty-eight

A/n: This is probably my longest chapter yet, buckle up.

-Third Person's POV-

*rings*

"This is Valentina, if you hear this then it means that I couldn't reach your call at the moment. If it's important, call again later if you can and if it's not then don't. Thank you." Her voice message said.

Slade sighs as he placed his phone down on the table. He stared out of his window and gazed at the buildings below him. Not only did he gravely miss Caius, but because of conflicting schedules, they haven't even gotten a chance to see each other for way over a week. He had gotten more visits from Ambrosia because of her father who was trying to set him up with her.

Then to add salt to injury, he and Valentina were in a middle of a misunderstanding, and nor could he contact her. He tried calling her multiple times the previous night but to no avail.

Not even a message.

He was reluctant to message the others if they could tell him how she was because it was something between him and Valentina and he didn't want them to add to it.

"Please..just pick up."

"Sir, we need to leave now." His Secretary knocked on his door with a smile, earlier that day they had the rescheduled meeting with Florian Freed and it was a success. They had also caught Slade's uncle, Harvey Rosenbloom as there was a video of him stealing classified documents and it just so happened to be sent to the police who then arrested him that morning.

Reluctantly, Slade stood up and then grabbed his coat on his way out.

Valentina was already at the hotel after declining the offer from her father to come with them the previous night.

"Girl, what have you been eating?! Tell me your damn secret!" Gianna exclaimed after seeing how much she have grown.

"I don't think this uniform would fit me anymore." she handed her old uniform to her and she noticed the rip at the chest area.

"I'm quite certain that you are telling the truth. Well, no worries since it was a specific order from the Doherty's that we should wear something different and so they have prepared what I'm wearing right now." She then gave a twirl for Valentina to see.

"They look like clothes you'd normally wear to go to the office?" 

"I know, they're weird. Anyways, I think I have your current size..Nope, it's smaller but I think it'll fit."

Valentina was wearing an Amber brown wig as well as copper red eye contact to make it seem like she was a beta. Her necklace suppressor was hidden underneath her shirt's collar and her makeup made her look unrecognizable.

She had hidden another accessory which was the ring given to her by them inside her clothes. 

Checking herself in the mirror once more, she then walked out and began working her duty as a waitress.

One of the few things she first noticed was that the chandelier was replaced with a grander and larger one and most importantly, an ugly one. 

It was Doris O' Doherty's idea as she wanted her daughter's birthday party to be the best.

She was reminded of Gianna's words as she passed by the halls and came across even more posh decorations. 

Valentina remained at the back and away from encountering too many guests in order to maintain a low profile. Fox was the first one she saw along with her brothers trailing behind him, talking with different businessmen.