Thirty-seven

"Thank you for helping me pick those out." Quinn hugged me as thanks. 

Me and Quinn have gotten close over the week. She constantly calls me and messages me whenever I'm bored. She was even added to our group chat with me, Pierre, and Annie. Pierre was the first one to add her since she changed her attitude and he found her actually likable.

She asked me if I could help her buy a few things, I didn't have anything better to do anyway. Claude is barely home, I don't know if I'm imagining things or if everyone in the condo is deliberately avoiding me? Even Caius.

I thought it was odd but eh, whatever. ¯\_( ͠≖ - ͠≖ )_/¯

I offered to help her bring the items back to her house.

"Damn..you're pretty strong." Her eyes widened and she whistled. 

I'm just carrying two sacks though? Nothing much.

When we reached her house, out came a middle-aged Korean lady with a spatula in her hand.

" Yeona! What took you soo long ah." She spoke fluently with her hands on her hips.

" Eomma, I told you I was going to buy the things with my friend right? " She patted her Mom's back. Wait, Mom? ...Fuck it make sense, the author is Korean and it was mentioned somewhere in the book that Caius is half.

Gotta love my memorizing skills.

"Friend? ..Oh my God! She's a beauty!" She gushed.

And if I remember somewhat correctly..

"Where did you find such a beautiful friend-ah! My Goodness do you think-"

She didn't like the guys for Caius that much.

"You can introduce her to your Oppa? "

" Hello, I'm Valentina McKenna. " I greeted the energetic woman.

" Oh my, she even knows how to speak Korean! You can call me Auntie, come in. Do you want to eat some snacks? Yeona, show her to your room. You girls go have some fun while I bring you your food." 

Quinn led me to her room and she closed the door with a sigh,

"I'm sorry if my mom's quite hyper. She's always like that." She laughed.

"Yeona?" I asked.

"Oh, that's my Korean name. Caius is Haneul.  I only call him Oppa when Mom's around but for the most part, I call him by his English name."

"Haneul?...Haneul Oppa?" 

"Yup, just like that." She nodded her head.

Auntie knocked on the door and then placed down the biscuits and juice. She sat beside me and then asked a few questions.

"Valentina, do you have any boyfriends?"

"Um..no?"

"Really?! Hm..do you have any interest in anyone?"

"Nope."

"Are you straight?"

"Yes??" I said, Well I am but why is she asking these questions?

"Do you want a boyfriend? I can introduce you to my-"

"Eomma, you left the stove on." Quinn intervened. Auntie then rushed out saying all sorts of things.

I spent the rest of the day at Quinn's house and by evening I headed back home.

"Thank you for dropping me off, Charles. You can go back to your girlfriend now." I winked at him and he laughed.