Sixty-one

-Third Person's POV-

"Valentina."

Claude's voice was the first thing she heard when she step foot inside their unit. Surprisingly, it was just him.

'Are they perhaps with that Rosia woman again? Tch.'

"What?" I scorned.

He took in that she was not in a good mood so he lowered his voice to a calmer tone.

"Valentina..Everline..Athena, whichever you want me to address you as..why did you get home so late? You shouldn't push yourself too hard." He worried.

"Just call me like how you always do. It's useless to remember my real name anyway. Also, it's none of your business if I come home late. Just know that I'm with Charles, that's good enough." She sassed and walked towards her room.

"Wait, Valentina!" He then grasped her wrist.

For an Alpha especially a superior, it was best that they don't get too emotional. More so if their pheromones are strong, in Claude's case, even when drinking medicine specifically made for their class of Alpha, it still leaked more than he would have wanted.

Valentina felt a rush of dizziness and haziness but still managed to keep herself upright.

"Y-Your pheromones. Keep it in check." She glared.

"Valentina, please...we really wanted to go eat out with you. Rosia just appeared out of nowhere and due to certain..circumstances...we have to entertain her." He trailed.

Realization hits her and she removed his hand on her wrist and closed her door, locked.

She sat on her couch and held her head,

'...I already know those circumstances but it still just..irritates me. *sigh* I'm being unreasonable..what's wrong with me? Why the fuck am I so emotional about this? I'm not acting like myself.'

She was frustrated, she was confused about her own feelings. Years upon years of ignoring and practically removing all unnecessary emotions from her life caused her to be what she is now.

She pressed the pressure points on her head and tried to revert back to how she used to function,

'It's useless to be like this..I don't fucking need it.' She thought repeatedly.

She woke up at 3 in the morning to drink water to find Claude a mess.

He was sitting by the balcony. He had a bottle of wine on the side and a half-full glass.

She tried to ignore him but she couldn't help but approach him.

" Go back to your room. It's late." She grabbed his hand and assisted him to his room.

He was drunk but not totally as he still was functional to move on his own.

She dragged him back to his room and made sure that he brushed his teeth. While he did so, she managed to drink some water on the side of his table.

"Now go lie on your bed and sleep. " Valentina said after brushing his head with her hand. She went ahead to leave but then,

" Ivy. "

She hinted in her tracks and turned back to him, surprised.

"...I'm right, aren't I? I guess it would have been your name..it suits you...it's perfect." He smiled gently.

*Thump*

'There's that weird tightening feeling in my chest again..'

She was unconsciously biting her lip, he extended his hand to her and placed his thumb to drag it.

He stared at her lip and then asked, " Can I kiss you? "

She looked up to see he was already gazing at her eyes, refusing to break contact.

Their eyes spoke for themselves, he leaned in and captured her lips into his.

He snaked his hands, one to the small of her back and the other to the back of her head.

Her hand was on his cheek and the other was on his chest. They shared a passionate kiss and when she broke the kiss, he went back for more. She managed to bring them both to the bed and she pushed him down.

" Now that's enough, sleep. " She said while straddling him and licking their saliva from her lips, quickly wrapping him in the blanket.

His arm managed to break free and pulled her next to him, "Let's sleep together? ...Just for tonight, please? "

"...*sigh* Fine."

He snuggled within her arms while wrapping his around her body. Sighing before finally falling asleep.

'This big baby.' she thought with a slight chuckle before following to sleep.

When he woke up, their positions were the opposite. She was now within his arms and her leg was over his. Her face was just below his. He was taken aback but held off his reaction so she wouldn't wake up. 

He calmed down and while she hasn't woken up, he carefully took in her sleeping figure. He never thought that he'd find someone else aside from Caius so beautiful. A loving smile crept up on his face, he wanted to caress her cheeks but he already knew if he did so, she'd wake up.

' I think..I might turn into a criminal. ' he thought.

(A/N: Let us not forget that he was a General. How? explain to the fantasy Gods.)

. . .

"Good morning.." Slade bid Caius after waking up in the same bed.

Slade spent the night in Caius' unit after the night before. He looked at the scattered love bites all over Caius and smiled. 

Caius went over and kissed him and bid him as well. He got up and prepared breakfast for the both of them after their discussion about what happened previously with Valentina. 

None of them were with Rosia the night before, after buying what he wanted for her birthday he immediately went back since he was upset that Valentina seemed to be mad at them right after reconciling.

While eating breakfast, his doorbell buzzer ranged. He went to go see who it was and to his surprise, it was her.

"Caius," Valentina called out while standing on the Elevator, ringing his unit.

He immediately let her up to his unit and once the door opened she hit him with a question, "Can I give you back what was given to me?" She asked, innocently.

"S-Sure?" He shyly agreed. 

"Then, please excuse me."

She neared him and extended both of her hands to cup his cheeks. She caressed them before locking their lips together. She slipped her tongue in and twirled it around with his. A lewd sound escaped their mouths. 

She broke the kiss and pecked his cheek.

" That was it. Ah, good morning Slade. I'm heading to Uni now. Bye. " She waved her hand before entering the elevator and successfully going down where Charles was waiting for her. 

Caius' face was flushed red as he touched his lip. Slade stood, in shock at how his morning just started by seeing the person he loves making out with the woman they were worrying about.

On the ground floor, Valentina got out of the elevator and bumped into Raven and Heinrich. Before they could open their mouths, she cut them off by greeting them without any formalities whatsoever, as if she wasn't made the day before.

But in reality, they have never witnessed her truly mad. Those who did, some ended up six feet under but some never even made it to being buried. 

To be Continued . . .