Seventy-one

-Caius's POV-

It's..been rather lonely for me. 

I guess you could say that I'm overreacting but, we've all become soo busy that we can't make time for each other, and for two weeks straight that is..maybe even a bit longer. The guys have some issues settling with their jobs, Ivy's finals are next week and I have to deal with 4 business deal meetings and preparations while mentoring the new secretary.

Rosia was keeping up with us during the first week but she had to plan her birthday party so she became busy as well. Although I don't want to hurt her feelings, I don't particularly care if she is with us. It is not like I dislike her, I think of her as a friend but I get this off..energy? vibe? I don't know what to call it.

Last night, Demetrius and Sebastian decided to sleep with me at my flat as a way that we could catch up with how things have been going for us but they were really tired to talk.

Instead, we went to bed early. I woke up from the voice message left by Ivy as it played that she was heading to school but wanted to greet me.

I love her.

I love her soo much that just saying it will never be enough to express how much I love her. I love the guys and her just exactly the same and just listening to her voice, brightens my day. I can't believe that I managed to mark a beautiful woman like her.

She's out of my league but somehow, it happened and I can't be any more thankful.

I started my day pleased that I heard her voice but when I got up and walked around..I can't help but become a bit sullen.

"Where's Demetrius?" I asked, confused. I couldn't find him anywhere.

"He has to deal with his investigation," Sebastian said while tying on his necktie.

I was just wearing his white dress shirt from last night and some loose sweatpants to cover up.

"About her again?" I insinuated.

"..Yes, *sigh* Caius, don't overthink about it..ok? " He said with a closed-lip smile and kissed me on the lips.

"Alright.." I spoke softly.

Her...

Demetrius' ex-girlfriend.

Gabrielle Malty Turner, the woman who first captured his heart. The woman whom he loved when we were in college all the way till he became the best prosecutor. He would have married her if it weren't for the fact that she fell out of love.

She broke up with him but then suddenly, one day, she disappeared. Not long after they broke up, in fact. 

Based on the footage they got, it wasn't any ordinary disappearance. She was kidnapped.

He received an anonymous letter stating that it was his fault. It was from the person who kidnapped her. All this time, it has been five years.. he's still looking for her. He blames himself for it soo much that it eats him up inside.

We aren't sure if Everline is aware of it but, much like in her world..we can graduate at an early age here. If you are smart enough, you can easily speed through high school and get into college. 

I met them when I was still fifteen, they didn't even know I exist then. They had their own partners, there were rumors that they'd share lovers. They were constantly at odds with each other but by the end of the day, they'd still go back to each other despite the bickering.