Ninety-seven

-Claude's POV-

This dream again?

It was this woman again. Every night, when I go to bed I see her. I see her life, I watch it before my eyes, this twisted and cruel life of hers. This woman who does not exist beyond the walls of my mind..or so I thought.

I never caught her name, they never mentioned it but it was more like they couldn't mention it. They weren't allowed to do so due to her higher rank.

She was currently in Antartica, underground. A mission that even I would think twice before I would do, she accepted without a second thought. 

Why was this dream so detailed? those were my questions during the past months. There was this troubling thought in my mind..what if it wasn't? What if this was real? but then what did it have to do with anything with me?

I don't know how many days have passed since she planned this but she was right below the lab. I get stressed for her when I am awake, what if it were real? what is she was to die? I don't even know who she is, but maybe because I have grown attached to her because of these dreams, I have started to care for.

I sound foolish, I sound crazy,..I know that.

Without making a sound, she climbed up with a press on her device that she calls her PDS, and many things around her switched off.  Effectively making her enter without anyone noticing. Another person was with her but in a designated on a different part of this whole area. 

His name was Cavanaugh, I'd remember because he reminded me of myself. 

Swiftly making her way in, just when she was about to enter the main lab, there was the sound of a glass breaking. I could see what happened, everything,

I didn't know how it was possible

but.

I felt sick to my stomach.

The virus was already spreading inside the lab, the undead. They appeared to be dying but were actually still alive but their skin was peeling off of their bodies. The others' skin turned to a ghostly pale color with overly saturated red and bruised hue.

Some of them had their hair fallen out, their eyes changing to an odd violet shade, and their teeth sharpened like knives. Their bodies were deteriorating, but they still had an unnatural strength..what was this???

Her breath was shaky as she clenched her hands in a fist. 

"I need to lessen my expectations of how stupid these people can be." She then brought the device near her ear.

"Cavanaugh, proceed to plan B. Now."

"What?? What do you mean now?? You're still inside!" He yelled.

She didn't care if people became alerted that she was inside as she was in disguise. No one could tell that it was her..but I did.

"I said now, dog." She instructed.

Before I could even process any of the things happening, there was an explosion. A chain effect, it got closer and closer till-

*gasp*

I looked around, 

I'm awake.

What happened?? Was she alright???? 

I turned to my right to see Caius was also awake. If you were to see him, you'd think he was fine but his eyes, it was relentless.