One Hundred Twelve

I could feel the drug's side effects wearing off. I suppose Heinrich had a timer set since he came inside the room they kept me and proceeded to sit down directly in front of my body.

I was still chain bound by the wrists as well as by the ankles. These are quite easy to get out of but unless they modified this based on my actual body capabilities, it'd be quite challenging. Especially if Valentina did help out with these modifications.

She has my records, she can easily pass those on to them.

Faking my awakening, I stared at Heinrich with wild eyes. I pretended to be shocked and horrified to see him. I acted as exactly I would be if I was the defenseless and scared Valentina. A woman who doesn't know them.

"W-Who are you?! What the fuck! Are you insane?! Get me out of this!" I demanded, struggling with the chains.

"Don't tug on them. It'll only hurt you." He grasped my wrists and held them still. Accidentally leaning closer than he planned when I pulled it farther.

His face was a few inches away from mine. I could feel his breath tickling my neck, his adam's apple bobbing in his throat before moving away. I suppressed a smile on my face seeing how he turned around to hide his facial expression. But it didn't conceal the redness of his ears.

He's embarrassed..how cute.

It didn't take long for him to compose himself and converse with me. I was acting a certain role here, so I was making things harder for him.

"I'll sue you, you blooming cack!" I berated.

"Oh Everline, you used to insult me way worse than that. I love you, I'll let you rest for now." He blew me a kiss before walking out the door.

After he left, a few hours passed before the chains that bounded unlocked. I moved around, feeling how many security cameras were there. I thought there would be no more than ten..every single wall panel had a pin camera embedded inside. I checked the bathroom and everything was death proof so to say. The mirror was made from the highest material grade of unbreakable glass. All the winds, bobs, ledges, edges, doors, and floors, you name it. They're all death-proof. 

Seems like they came prepared.

Well, this would be more challenging than I expected. How fun.

-Claude's POV-

"I'm sorry to ask you for this but I need you to find her for me. She usually calls us every night but she hasn't replied since two nights ago. Her assistant doesn't even know where she is." Milan expressed his worries to me.

"Don't worry, I promise I'll find her." I smiled comfortably knowing she was safe and sound where she was meant to be.

With us.

Sure I felt a tad bit guilty for bringing back my Everline to our side, away from him and his family. But it's not like they remember her prior to meeting her for barely five months, seeing her only every Sunday? She matters more to us. We know her longer, we loved her longer, and we've wanted to be with her longer.

I might be selfish, then I'll savor this selfishness of mine.

She's ours.

Not that Husband of hers, not that empire of hers, not even that world of hers. 

Just. Ours.