Thirty-nine

This is the first time I've ever worn a swimsuit that is not a training swimsuit. I've endured 6 months of rigorous professional training back when I was at my body. It was one of the more tiresome ones since they unnecessarily trained me as if I were going to the Olympics, and I hated every bit of it. It would have been fine if it were just normal swimming but during the duration of that training, I've nearly drowned at least 10 times.

I used to be traumatized by water because I started swimming at 6 years old but I grew out of it. Growing up I've had many traumas that I've grown out of but I couldn't grow out of my fear of bees and creepy crawling insects. I will hate those for the rest of my life but at least it was better than when I used to have severe Entomophobia.

I dipped my body into the beach water and submerged myself. I casually swam, enjoying my time with my friends. I kept my eyes locked on Annie and Pierre, they are lowkey flirting. He has his hands on her waist while helping her to swim...she knows how to swim.

I smirked and swam closer to Quinn.

"You see that?" I nudged her.

"Crystal clear." She grinned.

Pierre noticed us and glared. I rolled my eyes and laid on my back to float.

"...h-help..."

My eyebrows knitted in confusion, 'did I hear that right?' I stopped swimming and listened to my surroundings, blocking any noise.

"....h-help!.."

My eyes scanned the area as fast as I could, I tried looking for where the fuck that voice was coming from. I kept looking and looking until I found her, a little girl quite far away from me. I saw the distraught mother who called for the lifeguard.

I acted first since they were too slow, the kid is already literally submerged. It was easy for me to quickly swim that length even with this body. I managed to grab the little girl by the sides and hoist her up, she was struggling which made it harder to keep both of us afloat. 

I passed her to the lifeguard that finally arrived and the three of us went back to the shore. She just reminded me of myself too much, I saw myself at that moment. Thrashing in the water, hoping someone would save me when the instructor just watched me sink. It wasn't until I passed out that they pulled me back out.

It pissed me off when we reached the shore I talked with both the mother and lifeguard, "Never and I mean never, let your child out of your sight. Kids without proper training will die under two minutes so keep all your attention on them. Then you, if you can't spot a child drowning immediately after all the money people spent just to come here under an unreasonably high price then please do hire more lifeguards."

I know drowning cases are inevitable to happen but I've been at my fair share of beaches for parties to know that it is definitely preventable with a responsible parent and proper supervision of lifeguards.

"Miss, are you ok?" Charles asked me,

"Hm? Yeah, I'm fine. I just need to go rest."

..Now I'm in a bad mood, I took a towel and headed for the shower. We were prepared with a room so I went there to rest. 

I could almost see my instructor's face with that disgusting disgusted look on his face. One of my deepest regrets is not shoving his head underwater till he almost passes out from lack of oxygen with the same amount of times I nearly drowned.

The three came back inside the room, worried about me but I explained to them that everything was fine. We decided to just stay inside till it was time for the party,