Seventy-four

I am now alone in my room, at the main house of this body's biological family. This morning was quite eventful, the moment I opened my phone I received text messages from Quinn, Pierre, and Annie from last night regarding why my face was blurred in the front of tabloids and why was I there in the first place.

"So, what you are saying is that you wanted me to live a normal peaceful life away from the media but the man that I shot and this Santa Klaus, is targeting you and want to use your weakness against you to get what they want so instead you told the media yourself and now Santa Klaus can't use me and it was all of my protection?"

He nodded his head.

"...*sigh* I suppose it's reasonable enough."

Which lead the conversation to have me stay at their mansion for now until the news dies down. He wants us all to eat lunch together and further discuss the situation. I don't have my phone as the battery drained and I didn't particularly bring my charger.

I'll just ask him for one later. 

I have a wound on my shoulder, I estimate that it would take around three weeks before it fully heals. It was quite shallow actually, about four inches in. 

To pass time I read a random book, there was a built-in mini library inside my bedroom which made it convenient for me.

*knock* *knock*

"You can come in." I said while flipping the page.

"Valentina, it's time to eat." Hunter told me.

"Alright, I'll be there..Ah, can I have a charger for my phone?"

"I'll have someone get you one." He then turned around to go to the opposite side and went to talk with someone.

I proceeded to the dining room where the other three brothers sat and my father at the center.

Pulling the chair, I sat down and waited.

When Hunter came back, only then did we start eating.

"So as you all know, Valentina is now been revealed to the media. I'll ask you boys, do you know why I did it?"

"Not particularly." Hunter said, nonchalantly.

"It's because that way, no one can blackmail you using the daughter card." Wesley said while picking up a piece of meat and eating it.

"Correct, though I am regretful that it has come to this. I had no other choice, in the meantime, I do not trust anyone to guard Valentina aside from the four of you."

"What?! " Harley exclaimed.

" Really?! " Milan beamed.

" Excuse me? " Valentina raised her brow in question.

" Yes. That would mean you five need to talk about who needs to be with Valentina while I am gone. I cannot reschedule my business meeting in France any more than I have already extended it."

"But Dad- " Harley tried to reason with him when Wesley intervened.

" Alright, we can handle this. Don't worry about her so just focus on the business deal." Wesley said while wiping his mouth with a napkin.

"Thank you. I-"

*ring ring*

"Sorry, I need to take this." He stood up and excused himself.

After lunch, I went ahead and took a shower. I suspect that things would be peaceful..that is until Rosia's birthday which I think would be two weeks from now.