Nineteen

My breathing becomes heavier, am I really sick? How the fuck did I get sick tho'?? Was it the repetitive mopping?...Nah that's stupid.

I knocked on the door and pushed the cart in. Inside the room was Mrs. Milford and her Grandson.

I gave a small bow and handed them each a menu and stood at the side while I wait for them to take their order.

They kept looking over at me, but not only them, as well as the bodyguards that came with the guests and my co-worker.

"Val, are you sure you are fine? *ehem* y-your pheromones.." Abel, another co-worker of mine whispered. His face was slightly flushed.

"I'm not sure, I think I might be sick but I don't feel sick," I replied.

Mrs. Milford gave me a quick look and it was of concern. After a while they decided on their orders, I wrote them down and headed to the kitchen to give them to the chefs.

I managed to go to the kitchen and gave them the order. I quickly left and went to where it was more secluded. I knew how long it would take so it was fine.

I stretched out my hands and they were slightly shaky. What the fuck is happening?? I clenched them together and tried to steady them.

I had to go get the food, I walked back to the kitchen and grabbed the serving cart. On the way, I kept getting stared at. It was getting irritating so I might just ask for an early leave.

I served them their meal, Mrs. Milford held my hand and I just shook my head. Going out, I only managed to reach the entrance of the VIP section when I bumped into a child who was trespassing the area. It was hard enough to push me to the wall.

Usually I wouldn't be able to move me but there's something wrong with my body.

*Clink*

I look down and there on the floor was my choker inhibitor. A sudden wave of pain and heat went through me. It wasn't as bad since I drank the inhibitor medicine but it was painful. Excrutiatingly painful.

What I get for suppressing my heat for almost two years. At the very least it held back the majority of the pheromones from leaking out but since the choker broke, a quarter of the potent pheromone leaked out.

"Ngh...this s-shitty heat." I groaned in pain.

*GLASS BREAKING*

My head snapped up and I saw men approaching me with lust clear on their faces. I cursed internally and ran, this is what I hate about the author of this novel. 

She made it so that you will be enthralled by omegas and alphas that go into heat/rut. Especially Caius and the male leads since they have the most potent pheromones. I don't get why I'm wired into this too! Ugh, fucking bitch ass heat! Screw you!

In midst of running, I ran into Mrs. Milford's grandson. He lifted me up and slung me on his shoulder. 

"Wha- the heck are you doing Sir?!" 

"Be Quiet, I'm doing this because my grandmother said so." He retorted, the people who were chasing after me stopped and backed off.

"W-well thank you then, Sir Grumpypants." I rolled my eyes and pinched his nose.

"What are you doing?"

"It might help, I know it bothers Alpha's the most. Sorry 'bout that, I h-hate it as much as I hate fucking bugs so it ain't on p-purpose."

"Don't soil that cute mouth of yours with dirty words, kitten." He said  curtly, he squeezed my leg lightly as a warning. Also, if I want to curse then it ain't none of your business old ass.

"S-sure dude."

"Don't call me "Dude", kitten." 

"And don't call me "Kitten" you o-overgrown brussel sprout." 

"...What did you just call me?"

"I said that I'm g-getting lightheaded by all the slinging...*you overgrown brussel sprout*" 

"Stop talking when you are having a hard time. Why are you so stubborn???"

"Tch."

He brought me to Mrs. Milford's office. "Oh no, So you are in heat..."

"Can you call for my bodyguard? He's b-by the restaurant's entrance." I croaked. This shit's so fucking painful, uncomfortable and I can't explain the other one.

In a minute, Sir Claude entered the office, "Valentina?.. Tsk, I knew there was something off." he pulled out a repressor-pen. He lifted up my skirt just to my thigh and injected me with it.

As he was going to inject it, Overgrown Brussel Sprout placed two of his fingers in my mouth to prevent myself from biting my tongue while Sir Claude let me clench on his hands. The injection was worse than the heat itself since its purpose was to forcefully push everything back.

I refused to yell in pain but I bit down on his fingers and was pretty sure I clenched on his hands too harshly. 

I released my grip on the fingers and I felt some of my saliva dripping down on the side of my mouth. He wiped it off with his thumb and Sir Claude placed his other hand over mine while my consciousness faded away.

.

.

.

..And I'm back at Sir Claude's room. *sigh*

I stood up and I still have makeup on my face and my clothes were all intact. My bag was in one corner so I shuffled through it and checked my phone. It was currently 23:13 of the same day, I grabbed the bag and exited his room.

If I remember correctly earlier he had a workroom as well. I knocked on the door and voiced out, "Sir Claude, thank you for today. I'll just see myself out. Good night." 

I walked towards the entrance and there was a small box sitting by the door, it had my name on it so I picked it up. There was a note beside it that states that he bought me a new one.

I opened the box and it was the newly developed jewelry inhibitor for omegas. The string was made of a special material that prevents you from leaking your pheromones meanwhile the center design helps you decrease the process of Heat.

 The string was made of a special material that prevents you from leaking your pheromones meanwhile the center design helps you decrease the process of Heat

I placed the choker inside my bag, I took out a pen and in the back of the paper, I wrote down my thank you message. With that, I left.

-Third Person's POV-

When morning came, Claude headed to his kitchen to cook himself some breakfast when he noticed a note clipped on the fridge.

Thank you for the inhibitor, you've got a lot of money for an old man. I hope mornings treat your muscles nicely so you don't have to suffer from aging cramps. :)

"...That little kid."

To be Continued . . .