Ninety

-Third Person's POV-

"W-what is all this?" The real Valentina stared in shock at the hidden records she found at the Royal Archives. There was a restricted area which she managed to get a pass as she was in Ivy's body.

"How did she- Is she even human at this point?? I can't possibly-..what have I gotten myself into?" She sat in despair after going through the files. She only had one flaw, which was being unable to cook but apart from that, she could do just about...everything.

*system alarm*

"Hurry, before your grandfather finds out that you had to go through the archives. He already suspects you. We can't risk it anymore." Farris dragged her out.

..

Three days passed,

Demetrius was in his family's house to pick a few things in his late father's room when he accidentally knocked over one of the displays.

"Ah, fuck." He cursed. 

When he was about to pick it up, he saw something odd on top of the stand. 

"A thumb recognizer?" He stared at it confused. 

Thinking nothing of it, he placed his thumb over it. One of the walls went forward, showing a hidden door. Though hesitant, he proceeded inside. There were files that were organized by categories on the side but the ones scattered on the desk piqued his interest.

As he read the files, he could feel a migraine forming. 

"What is this, Dad? "He sighed.

He took one of the cases on the side and placed all the files in before getting into his car and driving to the law firm afterward to the condominium.

"Ah! Sir, Please wait!" The front receptionist of the condominium waved at him.

She brought him a box that had been sitting there for days. He asked why he hasn't received it the day it was given but they apologized saying they never had the chance as it seemed that it wasn't a good idea to approach him.

He sighed before taking the elevator to his room. He placed the case underneath his bed and then went back to the living room, placing the box down, and was met with a lock of hair. His ex-girlfriend's hair.

He immediately played the video.

"I'll give you a chance, Demetrius. I'll let her go under the condition you give me Valentina or Caius. Anyone will do and she's all yours. You have until Sunday at 10 pm to pick and if you don't bring either one of them, she's dead. You know how to contact me." Then the video went black.

Sunday was today and he only had an hour to choose. It was because he didn't receive it any earlier that he failed to even properly study the video.

*ring*

He looks down to see his phone was ringing.

"H-Hello?"

"Demetrius?" Valentina's voice echoed.

"Valentina???" He asked, shocked. He checked the number and it really was her.

"There is someone really weird following me. I noticed that they have some connection with Klaus but I overheard them mention your name. Is there a reason why you could think of??" She asked him.