Eighteen

Back when I was Ivy, I was infamous. The Feared Successful Businesswoman they say and yet there will always be gutsy fuckers that challenge my authority.

One of them had the Mafia kidnap me and threaten to hand over my company. My company reached the top, beating my Father's just as how I planned it. I was subjected to the envy and greed of others.

Of course, I didn't let them get what they wanted, I already prepared for such an event would happen. Eventually, even the mafia feared me. I was the center of the media, of both positive and negative views, were shared. 

It was irritating since I couldn't touch the media, I did have some control over it but it was too broad so I left it alone. There was never a peaceful day as Ivy which was why I yearned for a peaceful life.

But it seemed like it was never destined for me, even in a different world. *sigh* What a pain in the ass...

"Ah, Vincenzo, you are finally here. Wait, Valerie, I wanted to introduce my grandson to you." Mrs. Milford smiled and dragged the Alpha Superior who I thought I dented the hood of its car during the party.

Also, one of the horny Alpha Superiors in the novel.. must be such a small world.

"Go on Vincenzo, introduce yourself." She elbowed him.

"Vincenzo Stone Castellan, moreover I already know her. She's Valentina Liberty McKenna, am I right? " He kept his eyes on mine and I nodded my head.

"I saw you standing in the corner since earlier, don't you think she's amazing?" She smiled heartfully.

" I do, for a child. " He said.

"Well, I really should go. See you tomorrow Mrs. Milford. It was nice meeting you, Mr. Castellan." I greeted.

"You as well, Miss McKenna." I think I saw him glare at me for a moment but again, I'm not surprised. 

I hurriedly walked away, they were starting to release their pheromones and I can't handle it.  Since Vincenzo is Mrs. Milford's grandson then it makes sense why there were those men earlier. Vincenzo is a Mafia Don and seeing as she's the grandmother then she must also be or used to be part of it.

I dressed out of my maid uniform and wore the clothes I was wearing earlier. I trudged out of the building and saw Sir Claude right by the doors. He was here the whole fucking time?!

"You were here?!" and he hummed in response.

"And yet you didn't do anything???"

"You were already well capable of handling it yourself. If you couldn't then I would have intervened." He said. I blinked at him.

"..Fucking Asshole. " 

He chuckled and opened the car door for me, I'm beat. I just want to eat and sleep. But unknowingly I already passed out on the car.

I woke up the next day inside someone else's room. I checked my clothes and I still have them on. Where the fuck am I???

*growl*

'Never mind that I'm starving.'

I stood up and wandered around, this unit is way bigger than mine. More room and better interior design. As I walk I realized that today's weather is warmer than yesterday.

"Whew, I wonder if it's the heater?"

I continued on and the furniture is complete too..I saw a picture frame and it was a picture of Sir Claude and a woman who I think is his mother.

'Oh then this is Sir Claude's condominium.'

"Sir Claude? Are you here??' You prick, show yourself.

I hear clattering so I followed the sound and it lead me to a kitchen. I saw him by the stove, cooking. 

I walked in and sat down by the counter.

"Good morning, Miss McKenna." He said while his back turned at me.

"Morning," I replied as I scrolled on my phone.

He brought a plate with food and placed it across me. He sat down and started eating, I looked up at him and he minded his own business and ate, I waited for two minutes. I stood up and went back to his room, I looked for my bag and strut my way to his front door. 

As I held on to the doorknob his hand went and held it over mine. 

" Where are you going? " He said amusingly. I turned around and stared at his eyes, he cocked an eyebrow so I extended my head and removed a grain of oat from the side of his mouth, and ate it.

"I'm hungry, now move." I removed his hand from mine and entered the elevator. As the doors closed his eyes never left mine.

I went back to my unit and right by the door was a bag with my food for this morning. My personal chef has permission to enter only until the front of my condo.

I messaged her that I already received the food and continued on with my morning routine before going back to work. I guess it wasn't because he had the heater on, it's me. I might be having a temperature..but I'm confused, aren't I supposed to feel cold then?

Hm.

"Miss McKenna, I'll be right here if you need me." He said while standing by the entrance of the restaurant. I ignored him but then he held my wrist.

"Miss McKenna, please check if you have drunken your inhibitor, your pheromones are quite strong today...did you understand what I said?" He cocked his head while remaining a stern expression.

"..Loud and clear, and Yes I have, also just call me Valentina or Valerie like the rest. It's off hearing you say "Miss McKenna" especially since you are a successful old man." I mischievously smiled at him and strode to the dressing room.

I came back out and headed to my post. I fixed up the tables and adjusted a few of the new displays that were replacements for the damage yesterday. 

My other co-workers are kind of blushing since some of us here are omegas while the others are betas. Mrs. Milford's pheromones are quite strong but Sir Claude's are stronger. I'm glad he chose to stand by at the farthest he could.

Shortly after, another pheromone filled the air. One that was equally as strong as Sir Claude's. I didn't have the time to see who it was since I was busy attending to my duties.

I finished taking the order of one table when Mrs. Milford talked to me from the earpiece.

"Val, can you wait at the VIP room number 1? Don't worry I'm there, I just have a guest."  Mrs. Milford politely said. 

"Sure, Mrs. Milford." Jess took over my station and I grabbed two menus and the serving cart.

I didn't realize at the time that my choker inhibitor was loose.

To be Continued . . .