Eighty-six

-Third Person's POV-

"What do I name you? " Valentina talked to the chat with a serious face.

She has been contemplating in her room, alone with the black cat for an hour. It was the longest she has ever been stumped with a question.  

Just an hour ago, Milan had informed her that it would be better if the name had sentimental value to her. 

"..Alright cat, whether you like it or not your whole name will be...." She then told the cat.

"But for convenience's sake, for short, it's Leive. Not Leave, not Life, not Leaf but Leive. L. E. I. V. E. Leive, you got that?" and then the cat purred in response.

"Fantastic, I will have a collar made for you." She smiled at the male cat.

*knock knock*

"So, have you named the cat yet?" Milan chirped in her room cheerfully.

"I have, it's Leive." She proudly said while holding the cat in an awkward position by its armpits and sticking it out towards Milan.

"...L-Leave? Life?"

"No. It's Leive, L. E. I. V. E." 

"..That's so nice, I love it." He smiled at her, encouraging her choice of name. 

. . .

(A/n: PDS, it's the Protodisphone, the gadget she modified in this world that was made by her when she was still in her body as Everline)

Soon the time struck 11:37 in the middle of the night. Valentina had the cat on her lap while she monitored her laptop which she managed to have her PDS connected to. She hacked all the connectable devices except the security cameras in one of Slade's companies, Fortune Casino. 

She specifically excluded the security cameras as she already knew that they wouldn't work. Swiping through all the devices, she finally found the perfect one.

Unsuspectingly, the camera of one of the board chairman's computers turned on. 

'Ah..so he already has the documents?" She scorned while watching him smirk in his seat.

" Yes, yes sir. Of course, I thank you for your generosity in helping me. In return, I will definitely have that precisely on schedule. Hm? Oh no, I personally will make sure that Demetrius Neville receives the box. "He stated.

'..Demetrius? Why did he mention his name?..whatever they have planned for him, if he gets hurt, they're as good as dead. 'She gritted her teeth.

After watching him for a few more minutes, she switched it off and turned to her next move. She will let him have his moment of victory while he can still enjoy it.

The next day, she patiently waited for the time to hit 9 am when she called Slade's number.

"Ivy? Good morning sweetheart, what is it?" He asked her while sitting in the car, heading to his company. 

"I-I need you to come here immediately, please. I need your help.." She begged. 

He never heard her beg before and so it was extremely unusual. He concluded that it must have been extremely important since two nights ago, he had talked to her on the phone about how he had an important meeting with someone this day and he was sorry if he couldn't reply to her messages if ever she does try to contact him but he would pick up her calls.