One Hundred Eleven

"There's something off with them. Why is Claude acting like this? Why does he look so..lost?"

I remembered all the memories I made myself lose. I already pre-planned everything. I made a fake story. The story that Everline Athena Keller has always been in this world. Everything is fake.

The problem was Valentina's records.

I altered them, after all, it wasn't like they knew Valentina was from Dandelion Field. They shouldn't know.

Katarina Solace oddly has a favorable attitude toward me. Every time I have any free time she wants all of us to eat together and to bond essentially. Wesley, Milan, Hunter, and Harley acts differently from before as well.

They were much nicer than I recall. It could be because they could see that their mother doesn't hold any resentment toward their father's mistake.

A few days ago while I was working in my office, Valentina Solace's mother, Patricia Clark wanted to meet me. I allowed her in, I knew what she was after.

She was going to pretend that all of it was just a mistake she made before and how much she regrets leaving me. But here's a thing, I know what she did to Katarina.

"Shut up you fake bitch. Did you think that I'd buy your stupid bullshit? Since you willfully came here on your own, you will never leave alive." I then knocked her out.

I arrived at Solace's residence in the middle of the night. They were borderline horrified that I had brought Patricia to them who was tied up and knocked out but they knew what to do.

It was later announced on the news that she had gotten into an accident and died. Even her family believed it.

Two months have passed, and I've never felt this free. The paparazzi only knew that I was a woman but aside from that, not even a photo of me was out. I could leave my house without worrying that I needed to save my empire, I didn't have to rule over billions of people, I didn't have to worry bout my privacy, I didn't have to worry about their safety, I didn't have to worry about anything.

All these years worth of work, stress, and responsibility that was pushed on me without me wanting any of it, they're gone. All of it.

All I had to worry about was my company and their safety.

I would have gone back to them but it wasn't like I could give them back their memories. Who knew what faces they would make when they remember everything?

Disdain.

Hatred.

Sadness.

They're all possibilities and chances that I'm not willing to take. I'd rather them not remember me at all. I'd be happier to see them happy.

But what worried me is that they don't seem happy. They don't talk to each other as well. What was the problem was a thought that I kept asking myself.

"Ma'am, where would you like to dine for dinner?" My secretary asked me.

"Just drop me off, make sure to feed Leive." I reminded. My cat needs to be fed along with his much-needed treats.

Before I left the car I told my secretary that I wanted a month's break. I finished all my work prior to this day after all.

Today was an important day for me.

I grabbed the keys to my yacht and drove it myself as far as I could. I stopped when all I could see at the shore was the twinkling lights of the buildings. I opened a bottle of wine before pouring it into a glass.