One Hundred Two

^^ Cyberotita Concept (!not my art!)

-Everline's POV-

I leave that idiot for an hour and she fucks up this badly?!

I knew she had to fix her stupid habit of saying her thoughts aloud. *sigh* 

"What's with the sigh?" Sidon crept up from behind me.

"Your pillock girlfriend screwed up my plans yet again. It would have been preventable if you just knew how to defend the front properly."

"First of all, she isn't foolish. Second, it wasn't my fault that there was an ambush from Vailokym's Spiders. From recent information we have gathered, Vailokymians are immune to the virus which further explains why they could control them. Skalvandoch more than probably had the virus modified to keep them unaffected."

"You think I hadn't figured that out long ago? We are already at a disadvantage with them fuckers having bodies like gigantic war tanks and are built like it too. That is already on top of the fact that they are also just as, if not, more technically advanced than we are."

"And what's with Rhaphael's stupid machine? Why the fuck are they remembering me??" I added.

"It isn't the MSLM 05, we've already done checks and there were no signs of them not functioning properly. If anything, the abnormalities are coming from them. They are unconsciously forcing themselves to remember..you."

"..Just leave me alone for now, I need to think."

He bowed then excused himself.

I still had blood stains on my Cyberotita armor after the fight so I removed them to go into auto-cleaning mode. Meanwhile, the happened, I took a shower to somehow relieve some of the stress I was currently going through.

My wedding is happening in a few weeks and I haven't even met the coward yet. For some odd reason, the guys are remembering me. And the war between the New Great Imperial Britain and the Vailokym Empire is starting..what else? Oh right, the Z-Virus pandemic.

I'm exhausted and yet, I cannot take any breaks. 

*ping*

While I patted my hair dry, I looked over my phone to see a notification that most of them had returned home. I sat down on my chair while still in my robe to open my computer. I watched how they greeted Caius with a kiss and prepare dinner happily.

It is evident that there was something in Sebastian's mind but he suppressed the urge to spill it then and there. 

This is what I prefer, seeing them thriving alive and well. This is how it's supposed to be. Our worlds should never collide.

The rest of their night proceeded without any hassle or problem. Though I had to get ready for another mission. 

"Are you ready yet?"  Cavanaugh asked through the spirator. The communication device on our armors. 

"I'll be right there." 

. . .

"What do you mean that there are manhunters around the area? Today's Crown Prince Frances' birthday celebration."

An important ceremony could be the day he will be announced officially as the next heir. All of us, including me, hold the title heir and he is only called Crowned Prince for formalities sake but it hasn't been set in stone.

If he succeeds as the Emperor after this barmy grand uncle of mine dies, I don't have to become the Emperor after him.

With that being said, I cannot let anything happen today.