Thirty

-Third Person's POV-

Valentina knocked on the office door. Inside the office was the man from the cafe, his secretary then Raven and Caius. Caius went ahead and walked to open the door, the air was tense but when he saw Valentina a smile crept up to his face.

"Thank you for bringing it." He smiled.

"It's no problem, also *ehem* Mr. Halifax may I say something?" Raven glanced at Valentina.

" Mr. Ledger, let her in." He said with interest. The two men inside had confused expressions on their faces.

"Thank you, I just wanted to say that his proposal has got to be one of the dumbest things I have ever heard." 

The man was appalled and rose to bark an opposition when Valentina continued. 

"The Land is useless? What's useless is your fucking head. First of all, it is highly recommended to invest in the land since land always never fails to rise in value every year. Second is the positioning, the land is positioned in one of the near future busiest places. As you might have known, that place will be made into a large mall chain. Next is the product you propose.." 

She continued on ranting about all the flaws he had on his product as well as revealing the employee with an inside job who was working for the scummy man.

"W-WHAT PROOF YOU HAVE?!"

"You can have this, Mr. Halifax." She gave him the pen. He looked at her and she explained to him that there was a voice record of his annoying voice from the cafe.

The man slumped in defeat as Valentina smirked in victory. 

"Next time, be careful who you are rude to."

The man packed his bag with his secretary and left the building.

"That is all, have a nice day." She casually walked away and entered the elevator. Before the elevator doors closed, Raven walked in.

"Mr. Halifax?"

"You don't have to talk so formally to me. You didn't have to do that you know? I already was going to reject his proposal but thank you for that employee.

"Wow, at least you know how to say thank you. Anytime, you old coot." In the middle of their conversation. Something in the elevator broke and rapidly fell down then to a halt.

The lights went off and they were stuck.

"Hey, are you ok? What's wrong? " Valentina patted onto the walls to properly sit down to where Raven was curled up.

" no....n-no" He mumbled.

Back when Valentina was still back on her body as Ivy. She was the oldest of six children. She was older than the twins by two years and older than the triplets by four. She experienced a similar incident with her twin siblings.

The twin brother and sister were dreadfully terrified of the dark as she was afraid of both bugs and frogs, and they always slept in the same room (separate beds) and with lights on. Though the three of them always fought, she hugged the both of them to keep them calm, as the eldest.

Remembering her siblings, she knelt down on the floor and wrapped both of her arms around Raven. One of her hands slid to the side of his head to lean it towards her chest. With the other hand rubbing his back.

"It'll be fine, there's nothing there. Nothing in the dark will hurt you...you're safe. I'm right here." She repeated over and over.

Unlike Raven's controlled panic, her siblings' reaction to the dark was much worse since they would break down and cry. 

Eventually, Raven's breathing steadied and he stayed in his position to listen to her heartbeat. It made him calm. He could hear Valentina's light breaths as she fell asleep while embracing him.

He didn't know how many times passed but he tightened his grip on her body. Unconsciously, she adjusted herself in a more snug position with him.

Two hours and a half passed when Raven heard the elevator starting to work again. He separated himself from Valentina who woke up from the noise and as she open her eyes the doors of the elevator opened.

She stood up and stretched her arms. There were men in front who were working to fix the elevator and glanced at her chest. Raven moved to block it while glaring at them. 

"*yawns* See you later, old coot." She bid and walked out nonchalantly.

Raven stared at her disappearing figure till she left the building.

.

.

.

-Valentina's POV-

After the shift, I came back to the unit. Claude already left me a message that he left so I just rested till it was time for me to leave again, which was just two hours left.

I took a 40-minute nap before washing up. I looked at my wig collection and decided to wear the red wig. I had it on a low bun and left a few hairs on the side to frame my face. I applied make-up then took the elevator down.

The Fundraising event was going to be held on a Cruise ship. The other branch of the hotel was a cruise ship. Who would've known...

Charles was allowed to go in with me since I already had Mrs. Milford's permission. I walked to the employee's dressing room and there I met with my co-worker, Gianna who had a face of distaste.

"What's wrong?" I asked.

"Our uniform is what's wrong. That ratchet perverted manager of this place changed it. All because Madam Milford isn't here, he got the chance since he's in charge." She snarled and wore the new uniform.

I opened my locker and it was the same one she had. Well, I don't like it but it'll just be for today so why would I even bother.

I wore the maid dress uniform..if I could even call it that.

When I wore it, I faced myself in front of the mirror

"Wow, that's tight on you. Damn that ass tho' " Gianna whistled. I rolled my eyes and wore the waist apron provided. 

I adjusted my hair one last time before going out.

To be Continued . . .