One Hundred Seven

-Third Person's POV-

"Out of all my private planes, why did you choose that one?" Claude questioned.

"I don't know why either..it just felt like we've used that before." Demetrius trailed.

"Of course, we've used that plane before, Demetri." Slade rolled his eyes at his lack of info.

"Oh shut up, you know what I mean."

Caius stared at Demetrius' laptop, refreshing his mail in hopes to see a new message pop up. A specific mail would come from Valentina.

Sighing, he felt a hand on his shoulder. He looked up to see Sebastian giving him a wry smile. He handed him a blanket as they felt the cold breeze. 

"Dinner's ready," Heinrich announced to them with Raven trailing behind him carrying the food.

"Where's Vincenzo?" Slade asked as he sat down.

"He said he wanted to grab some more firewood outside," Raven responded.

They were all eating in silence. The only noise you could hear was the sound of the cutleries.

It wasn't awkward, none of them felt awkward. They felt pressured.

They were in the middle of a game, the game of roulette. It's either Valentina would keep her promise or they wasted all their efforts for nothing. No context was given to them except a verbal agreement.

In his whole life, Vincenzo never felt as much anxiety as he did at that moment.

*ping*

Demetrius hurriedly opened his mail and it was just as he hoped, what they all hoped. A message from Valentina.

Go through these coordinates. There are people there but they don't know where the mother berottitas are. You don't need to know what that means but in short terms, it's where all information is stored.

Be there at exactly 10:15pm, the locks would be temporarily switched off. That's enough time for you to get in.

I'll be waiting inside. Best of luck.

-Valentina.

-Everline's POV-

"Wait! Ivy! Don't you dare leave!" My grand-uncle chased.

"I'm dying. You know full well that I will be dead in a few months anyway. If I'm going to die, I'll bring that motherfucker down with me. I'm done with staying inside the palace.  I am the Emperor of this empire, if there is anyone who should stop this stupid war, it'll be me. I want his motherfucking head at the end of my Gunlighfte! So don't you stop me, because I won't listen to you."

"...Then at least talk to your family for one last time. You never talked to them this whole time, please. " He begged, even bowing when he never dared to do so before.

I stared at him for a moment and agreed. 

I was led to the room where they'd been waiting. I sat down and glanced over all of them. My two younger brothers, and my younger sister. My mother and my father sat together. What a sight to see.