Ninety-one

-Caius' POV-

I honestly don't want to do this Book signing. I didn't want to meet my fans with such half-and-insincere feelings when my mind was preoccupied with something else...something more important.

I arrived on time at the place and it seems that they really did plan this through for quite some time.

The decorations, the displays, the banners, and all the equipment..*sigh*

I never made my face known as I wore a mask.

When it started, the readers seemed ecstatic to meet me. I couldn't help but feel guilty for not wanting to come.

Some took photos, others had short conversations about their favorite part of my novel.

"Can we ask if you had an inspiration for Miss Liberty??" One of the readers asked, eagerly.

"..She- uhm..I do have a person in mind." I just smiled.

It was a bitter feeling in my chest. If we were together, maybe I would have proudly said 'yes' and boasted that she was my girlfriend but..she probably hates me at this point. I miss her so so much.

*sigh *I hope Demetrius is safe.

The signing lasted until 8 pm as we still had to take breaks and I had to talk some words to inspire the readers. I wish we could have done this when I was at my 100%

We were packing up when one last person grabbed a book from the side and placed it in front of me.

"Um, miss? You would need to pay for that first-" I stopped when I looked up to see her face. How could I have not noticed it was her? Where did her pheromones go??

"I didn't know that you were Gaius." She spoke. Not a trace of any expression on her face.

"Y-yeah, I'm the author." I laughed awkwardly.

She took the book to pay but I stopped her. I insisted that it would be on me and I signed the book.

"Caius..can we talk?" She asked.

There was something off about her right now. I can't explain how I know..it's just that..I just do. 

"I'd love to but can you wait for 5 more minutes? I..can't leave right now but we're almost done. Please, I promise." 

"No worries, I can wait." She said and walked out.

Those five minutes felt like a year. When I was done, I rushed out and saw her waiting by my car. I offered to go inside which she accepted. 

"How have you been?" 

I turned to her to see that she still didn't seem to have any expression on her face. A plain, blank expression. Even when we first met, she wasn't this emotionless.

"..To be honest, not great. Everything has been a complete mess. What we did to you..is inexcusable. W-What I did was wrong. I'm sorry, I'm really sorry Everline. Please give us one more chance. I know you've already told us that back then was our last but I'm begging you, please Ivy.." I begged.

I didn't notice that I was already crying, I was frantically wiping the tears off my face. I need to be manlier for Ivy. I can't cry..it was my fault.

"Aren't you missing something? Is that really all as to why  everything hasn't been great?"