One Hundred Eight

-Third Person's POV-

(**reference to chapter 90)

When she returned to her residence.

Everline turned on her PDS to make sure there wasn't a chance anyone would catch her. She held the hand that she used to hit Demetrius and trembled.

She wanted to break it. She wanted to hurt herself so badly but she can't. Not just yet. She reminded herself of her instructors growing up, the very ones she despised. They trained her hard enough that whenever her body would give up during her childhood, they'd beat her up with the false pretense of Love and care.

She swore to never be like them, and yet what was she doing?

"I-It's fine. He'll forget about it..he won't remember any of it...he w-won't remember.." She repeated before the first time in her life, she broke down.

"I hit him..I hurt him. I- I'm sorry, Demetrius. I'm so sorry..Please forgive me..I love you. I'm sorry I lied. I love you soo much. I'm so sorry for hurting you, my Love. Please forgive me.."

A few hours passed by as she visited him in his cell, when she leaned by the door, she could hear his mumbles.

"I still..love you..so, why?"

She felt like she couldn't breathe.

She's been strangled, stabbed, cut, and shot but never once did she feel this sick. The feeling of wanting to collapse then and there.

Pressing a button, the surveillance and all security systems went on hold. A mist draws inside the cell, making Demetrius pass out from the gas. When it was cleared out, she stepped in wrapped a blanket around him, and used one of the gadgets to clean him up but not totally so it wasn't noticeable. Only the clothes were relatively filthy.

He wasn't being fed so she gave him a shot of nutrients to sustain himself. She wiped his face with a washcloth and caressed his forehead.

"Everything is going to be ok..It'll be over soon." then planted a soft kiss on the top of his head.

"I'll need to leave you..so be happy. Please promise me.." She leaned her forehead against his and caressed his cheek.

..

(a reference to chapter 93)

Everline climbed to the top of the cliff. The MSLM 05 was now in its place and all there was left was for her to fully activate it. 

But she couldn't. She didn't want them to forget her. She didn't want to leave. In her mind, she thought that maybe there was still a way for her to stay with them.

"IVY!" Caius' voice screamed behind her.

She was taken aback and turned to see that they managed to quickly catch up. 

"W-What are you doing? Come down, ok? Please??" Sebastian said in an unsteady voice, nervous as he knew she was going to do something. He might not know what it was, but the feeling he had pained his chest.

"Ivy, whatever you are thinking. We can solve this together." Slade explained, hoping she'd let go of the device she held in her hands. Not seeing the gun hidden on her waist.

Because of the MSLM 05, the ground shook. The cliff where Everline stood seemed too dangerous for her to even stand on.

"God, please Everline. Just one step. Just one step here is all I ask. Please stay away from the edge." Raven expressed as anxiety filled his body.