Ninety-nine

-Slade's POV-

**1 1/2 years after the incident.

"See you later, Dear." I kissed Caius on the lips before walking out of our house. Looking over at our parking lot, I could see that Claude was still on the phone with his previous co-worker in the military. 

He could talk with them without any worry knowing that our whole land has been protected with an anti-hacking system. He has constantly been receiving phone calls from them in regard to suspending a search.

It seems like he knew that they were hiding something from him.

Heinrich and Vincenzo have also been acting rather strange. I know for a fact that they are hiding something from us but I'd like to assume that it is about their business. 

*rings*

"Mister Rosenbloom, I am here at the front." My secretary called. I got in my car and checked my phone to see my schedule. 

"You have a meeting with Sir Freed regarding the proposed project, lunch with Mr. and Mrs. Valdez for the partnership celebration, and lastly a meeting with Ricardo Bertumen about the Heffney and Harvey case."I hummed in response then leaned on my seat to prepare for the long day ahead. 

The meeting with Florian Freed went well, I'm quite satisfied with our partnership. It is a good thing that we made a slight detour before the accident happen. Else, my company wouldn't have gained this success in a short amount of time.

"Cheers." We raised our glasses and nodded.

We were having aimless small talk, nothing important. When I stood in my seat, a waiter came from behind me. He was moving awkwardly and was hiding an object behind him.

My eyes quickly glanced and I noticed that it was a weapon. He saw how I took notice of the gun, I was about to defend myself when a random object broke the glass window and flew right across us.

With this strange object holding it there, the gun was now pinned to the wall. I struck him with a hook to the jaw and quickly put him to sleep. While my guards took care of the man, I apologized to the couple for the mess.

They were just relieved that I was okay, but it would be an understatement to say that I wasn't confused.

Where did the flying object come from? And..how did it manage to pierce through the glass when it was made to be unbreakable? Was it merely just a coincidence? 

I moved to somewhere more private and I asked my secretary to bring the car out as I don't have any interest in staying here any longer than I already have. If that young boy was meant to be an assassin, he's a lousy one.

Who comes charging at their target blindly?

The ride back wasn't as pleasant as I had hoped. 

*BANG*

A bullet glided on the side of the car. Another damn assassin?? 

After a few more shots, out of nowhere, we could see from a distance a man falling from a rather tall building. He soon identified as the man who tried to murder me. 

"How did he die? " I asked my secretary.

"His gun malfunctioned on him, sir. " 

Huh..another strange coincidence.