Twenty-four

"Valentina? you can't go back to sleep yet. Eat first, ok?" Caius placed down the tray with soup on the side, I sat up straight and ate the food. 

"Eat your broccoli."  The prosecutor guy said.

I snapped my eyes at him, intently staring into his eyes for him to feel how much I fucking hate broccoli. I hate Brussel sprouts more but this shit is bitter as fucc. I have three vegetables that I won't eat, Bitter melon, Brussel sprouts, and Broccoli. Notice how they all have B's cause they are a BITCH TO SOCIETY.

"No." He then grabbed my fork and moved it to feed me.

"Eat it, it's healthy." He deadpanned. I shook my head once more, about to lift my middle finger in front of his face when he shoved it in my mouth. I didn't chew on it but I had it in between my teeth. 

My eyes widened then narrowed down at him

My eyes widened then narrowed down at him. I tackled him to the ground, my legs in between. With my hand, fingers closed together, aimed for his xiphoid process. 

His mouth flung open, I neared my face to his till our mouths nearly touched each other but instead I dropped the broccoli in his mouth and forcefully closed it. A thin string of saliva dripped down from my tongue.

I licked it and smirked at him, "Don't do that again, 'kay?" Before anyone could react, I stood up and asked Caius if I could take a shower in his bathroom. He stuttered but agreed. As I walked out, I noticed that he was beet red and that prosecutor old dude was in shock.

I laughed internally and took a shower. His shampoo smelled really nice and I read about it from the novel but I didn't expect it to smell this nice. I washed my undergarments by hand since I didn't have any underwear at hand. I saw there was a blow drier earlier so I could use it to dry it instead.

With the towel wrapped around my body, I sat down on one stool and dried my underwear. From the start, I didn't wear any bra. The shirt was just thick enough that my nipples didn't poke through..I think. But the shirt Caius provided me for now, definitely will.

It took me long enough to dry it so I didn't bother drying my own hair. I'm dead beat tired, I already took a long nap and slept like a log but I still am sleepy. I stepped out of the bathroom and headed for the nearby couch. They were all minding their own business so I flopped on the side I was earlier.

My hair was still slightly dripping wet, they were behind on my back that it won't dampen the front. I grabbed one large pillow and hugged it with both my legs folded underneath it, I plopped and buried my face in the other cushion. I heard a few mumbles and inaudible groans but I didn't really care what it was.

"..I'm going to the balcony." One of them excused and left. It hasn't even been 3 minutes when the doorbell rang, Caius opened the door and Claude entered the room. 

"Valentina. She's here isn't she?" He inquired.

I sat up, the medicine was wearing off and now my headache is fucking annoying.