Eighty-nine

-Demetrius' POV-

W-Was that just Valentina? I couldn't process anything in my mind.

One moment I was mending my relationship with Caius and the next he went into his heat. Despite his delusional state, he restrained himself from Rosia but the same couldn't be said about her.

She jumped at him and it took me and Slade to separate the two of them. Rosia is an alpha her strength was an added factor to prevent Caius from getting hurt.

Without the partner he marked, he came closer to his more intimate link which was us. But even then it wouldn't make it subside. I was filled with worry thinking of Everline, I know that she's strong but what if she is cornered? What if she's hurt? Some of us need to immediately go to her but Rosia acting feral is stopping us from doing so.

We can't just hit her and make her pass out, it's against the law.

But before we could even think of our next move, she opened the door. My brain refused to function at that point. The look she gave us was worse than anything else I have experienced. That was it. We lost.

No such sorry excuse for an explanation will help, it'll only make us seems guiltier. There isn't even a surveillance camera here for us to use as a defense. We can't even fully gain her trust more less would just mere words can convince her at this point.

Caius was always the first one to act from all of us, it's a shame since we are the Alphas, and yet here he is, better than the rest of us but it was all too late, she disappeared.

Why?

Why was she here?

I started to look for reasons to pin the blame on other people. Text..she mentioned a text but who? Then there it was, the nearest phone that was out in the open and turned on.

It was Caius' phone but no way could he have done that. The only person who I could think of doing such a thing..

"Did you do it?"Heinrich spoke.

I turned around to see him smiling at Rosia but his eyes reflected otherwise. During the years I have known him, this was the only time I could see his mask slipping ever so slightly.

"H-Huh?" She feigned ignorance.

"Did you message her?"

"N-No, why would I?" She denied.

"Then do you want me to check that phone's facial security? If you really aren't the one, then you are safe. If you are lying, I kill you. Deal?" He said through a chilling smile.

I should stop him but I didn't care. At that moment, if she really did it, she ruined the possible chance of us with our Ivy. With that, she deserves death. I don't care, I want her dead.

"I-I-I- I'm sorry! I'm sorry!" She kept on apologizing.

Caius stumbled his way to her the smacked her across the face.

"I hate you. I hate you! I HATE YOU!!" He repeated over and over. Claude wrapped him around his arms. Vincenzo gave an insincere apology to her and asked if she could go out.