Twenty-seven

-Claude's POV-

I could hear Valentina fitting into her shoes by the door.

"Wait," I said and walked towards her.

"Did you leave these on the dryer again? " she just shrugged.

" On purpose?" I sighed. 

"I might have...who knows? I could have just wanted to see your muscles popping out from your top?" She smirked. Seriously, this brat is so mischievous.

'..Where is she learning these? It's too provoking'

I was caught off guard when she approached me and kissed me on my cheek. Is she even aware of what she's doing? Does she do this to just anyone? I don't think she does. No, she shouldn't. She doesn't even know how bewitching she is, she's too careless..

But her lips were..damn soft and warm..how odd, not in a sense that I know she's alive so it's a given her lips are warm but it was..comforting in a way? How wicked these thoughts are. She's underaged. I need to stop. 

"Aww, too shocked to say anything? Pfft- also, your chest looks nice may I add." She laughed while patting my chest and walked away.

"You're such a brat..*sigh* call me if you need anything." I reminded her. Somehow, I have an uneasy feeling of letting her leave today.

"No you old idiot, I'll call Charles," She snarked a remark as the elevator closed.

'Caius might have an interest in her, I need to focus on preventing that. We don't need anyone else to share him with, much less an underaged kid like her. He's ours, and we keep to let it stay that way.' 

.

.

.

-Third Person's POV-

When lunch came Caius went out with Raven to eat at a famous restaurant where the guys reserved to dine. Raven noticed that for a while now Caius seemed to be always preoccupied and worried about something.

"Caius, what's wrong? you're stressed out." Raven caressed his cheek.

Caius pursed his lips and confessed, "I'm worried about my little sister. She used to be an alpha but she became a beta. I told her it was fine but she isn't taking it well. What's more, Justin is acting up again, I feel like..he'll do something to her. I just want to check on her right now. I want to know what she's doing but she wouldn't answer her phone..

"What's her name?" Vincenzo inquired as he took out his phone.

"Peyton Quinn." 

He called one of his subordinates in the mafia to find her location and everything to what she was doing.

"D-Don, there is a school shooting at their University! Mr. Ledger's ex has infiltrated the school grounds and killed a few students as well as the guard. None of the students have their phones so no one could call the Police. I'll send you the coordinates of the University."

"Claude, turn this car around."

"W-What's wrong??" Caius worried.

"Justin is at her University right now with a group of boys. Their shooting at the students, he might be looking for your sister."

"C-Claude, it's Crossroads University! Go to Crossroads University! Please." He begged. Claude's eyes widen and his grip on the wheel tightened. With one hand he tapped on the car's screen.

"Call Charles Beckinsale." He commanded and it went straight to dialing his number.

"Boss? Is there something wrong?" Charles's voice reverberated in the car, The rest of the guys wondered why did Claude call Valentina's bodyguard.