I love you Thomas

⬇️

⬇️

Third Person POV.

You were working in the gardens once again and as you bent over to pull a weed from the soil, a boy behind you smacked your ass.

As an automatic reflex, you stood, turned around, and smacked him.

It was a boy named Michael, you didn't know him well and this wasn't exactly a great first impression.

"Ah, ah, ah," He said, shaking his head and crossing his arms. "You just broke a rule Y/N: Never harm a fellow glader." "Maybe they should make a new rule," You countered, "Never sexually harass a fellow glader."

"Y/N my dear, I simply bumped into you." He said, placing a hand on his chest, feigning offense.

"You want sexual harassment, I'll show you sexual harassment." Then he leaned in and whispered, "It'd be easier if we went back to your hut." You slapped him yet again, harder this time. "You come near me again, you get your ass kicked."

You ran off to find Newt since your true best friend was still running in the Maze. God, you wanted nothing more than to be with Thomas right now.

As if the world was granting a wish, Thomas walked back into the Glade supporting a limping Minho. "Clint, Jeff!" He called, attempting to get the attention of the Med-Jacks. "What happened?" You asked as you made your way over to them.

"He tripped, twisted his ankle." Thomas explained before asking, "Where're the Med-Jacks?" "Busy, I'll take care of it. Let's get him back to the Med Hut." You slipped Minho's other arm over your shoulders and helped him onto a cot.

After taking care of Minho, you and Thomas went to get lunch, bringing Minho's back to him.

"It's kinda funny that you came back when you did." You said to Thomas after you had gone back to the Homestead to eat. "Why's that?" He asked through a mouthful of food.

You giggled slightly before saying, "I was wishing you were back right before you walked through the doors." "Oh yeah?" He said smirking, "Why's that?" "No big reason," You lied, wishing you hadn't approached the subject.

"No, no, no," He said, wagging a finger in your face. "If you really want me around, there's usually a reason."

"It's just something that happened with one of the boys," You said, shaking your head and looking down.

"It's nothing." His face was automatically serious. "What's his name, where is he, and what'd he do to you?" He asked, his hands clenched into fists.

"It was Michael, I don't know where he is. But it's nothing to worry about Thomas, really." "No, it's not nothing. What'd he do, Y/N?" He demanded.

You looked down and quietly answered, "I bent over to pull a weed and he smacked my butt." Thomas's eyes widened before you continued.

"Then he suggested that I have sex with him."

You were growing more upset by the second, not angry, but sad.

You felt that it was your fault somehow. Maybe you had done something specifically provocative? Unintentionally implied something? You could tell that Thomas wouldn't stand for this.

He stood up, took your hand, and pulled you along to go speak to Alby.

"Alby," Thomas said as soon as he was in hearing distance. Alby turned, arms crossed over his chest, and looked at Thomas. "You need to have a talk with Michael." "Why's that?" He asked, looking at the two of you.

"He was harassing Y/N." Thomas explained the whole story, getting even further upset as he retold it himself.

Michael was called over and forced to apologize.

"Y/N, I'm sorry." He said lamely.

"Apology unaccepted," You said as you crossed your arms.

Alby, Michael, and Thomas all looked at you with a confused expression. "That apology was klunk," You explained. "We all know he's not really sorry. He's just saying it because he doesn't want to get a real punishment. If I hadn't told Thomas, he'd have gotten away perfectly clean."

"You're right, Y/N." Alby agreed as Thomas nodded.

"Two nights in the pit," Alby said, turning to face the culprit. "You touch her like that again, it becomes a week.

Each time you do it, the punishment gets longer." Michael rolled his eyes before walking back to his working station with the other Builders.

Thomas led you back to your hut, unluckily, Ben happened to see. "Use protection!" He shouted, laughing.

Both you and Thomas rolled your eyes as he pulled you in for a hug.

He kissed the top of your head before saying, "Don't ever hesitate to tell me when something's wrong, Y/N. I love you, I'll protect you no matter what."

"I love you too, Thomas." He breathed a sigh of relief before hugging you tighter.

Even though you weren't completely sure, you were pretty sure that your best friend just became your boyfriend. You couldn't have been happier.

The end.....