Really to run Thomas

⬇️

⬇️

Thomas's POV

Ah... Y/N. She's so funny. So beautiful. So... perfect. I have been in the glade for a few weeks now and when I first arrived I had a lot of questions. And she is the only one who answers them.

I only really get to talk to her at breakfast and dinner because we are both runners. But when I do talk to her, I am the happiest guy in the world. I can't stop myself from smiling when I'm around her and this got me some very strange stares from the other gladers.

They know how much she means to me.

And she means a lot. So, when she goes into that maze every morning, I can't help but worry. I tell myself that she can take care of herself. Because she is so so strong. I love her. And she loves me. But I know not in the way I love her.

When I was preparing to run in the morning I saw her doing some exercises to warm up before she ran her section. She was then jogging over to me.

"Hey Thomas! Sleep well?" She said to me.

"Yes, thanks Y/N. How are you?" I said.

"I'm fine." She stated tying her hair up into a pony tail. She was so cute when she did that.

"Ready to run?" I asked with a smirk. She smiled that adorable smile that I love to see.

"You bet." She replied.

I had to go through a different wall to her so we said good bye and started running our different sections.

I don't know how but I have already memorised every twist and turn of my section. It's weird.

Just then, I nearly fell over a piece of concrete.

The other gladers tell me I'm clumsy and tell me to shut up and stop asking 'pointless' questions.

I stopped for a lunch break half way through and just got lost in my own thoughts until I had to run again. I thought about Y/N.

No surprise there, I thought. I finished eating and set off running again.

When I got back to the glade, I saw that all of the other runners were back except for one.

"Y/N." I said aloud. I rushed around, panicking, knowing that the doors were going to shut soon. I was just about to go through one of the doors , into her section to find her when Minho stopped me.

"Thomas! What the shuck do you think you are doing? You can't go back for Y/N! You will never make it back!" My eyes filled with tears.

"And neither would she." I mumbled quietly before fighting my way out of Minho's grip. It was then that I saw her running through one of the maze doors. I didn't think twice.

I ran over to her and hugged her tightly. She hugged me back.

I just realised I was crying but I had a smile on my face.

I was so glad she was safe. She was with me now. In the glade.

"What happened? Did you see a griever? Are you hurt? " I asked, while still hugging her.

She pushed away, smiling. I was confused.

"Oh Thomas, you do ask a heck of a lot of questions." She laughed.

"May I ask one more?" I asked. She nodded in response.

"Will you be my girlfriend?" I asked while looking into her beautiful eyes.

"Now that was the question I was waiting for." She said as she kissed me on the cheek.

The end.....