Yes sir Mitch Rapp

⬇️

⬇️

Third Person POV.

I don't need a babysitter." Mitch snarled at Stan Hurley as the pair walked down the long hallway. "If anyone needs a babysitter, it's you." Stan chuckled at his least favourite trainee's expense.

Stan and Mitch had always had this odd relationship. It was apparent to everyone that neither of them liked the other, but were forced, in their line of work, to coincide with one another.

Mitch was forced to take orders from a man that was old, and in his opinion, worn out.

There wasn't much he could say on the matter, though. Stan was who he reported to and going over his head would come with more consequences than rewards.

But, sometimes he thought it might just be worth it. Like right now for example. Mitch rolled his eyes, frustration filling his expression. "I'm perfectly capable of doing things on my own." Mitch snapped.

The old spy stopped in his tracks, a stern look on his tired face. "You're a hothead, who's easily irritated, mildly irresponsible, and to top it all off you're a trained killer.

You need someone to keep you grounded during your missions.

A partner will do you some good." "I work alone." The young assassin said through gritted teeth. "Not anymore." Hurley smiled.

"Or are you scared that this young buck here can show you up? So you want someone to bring me down in hopes that I won't outshine you and all that you did in the 'glory days'?" Mitch's words were laced with venom, but he looked almost relaxed.

"No what it is, is that the Bureau was tired of covering up your sorry ass mistakes and needed someone to hold your hand so you don't cost them more money." Stan quickly snapped back, not backing down.

Mitch's hands were clenched tightly into fists by his side as he contemplated how much trouble punching his direct superior in the face would cost him.

Stan, too, stood with his arms folded. His hard expression did little to intimidate the hard-headed man in front of him, but he kept it anyway.

The two were a stinging pain in Irene Kennedy's side.

She checked her watch frequently as the minute hand finally landed on the 5, solidifying the tardiness of both of the best and most annoying assassins she'd ever dealt with.

"Excuse me." She smiled politely at Y/N, pushing back from the table where they both were waiting. "I'm going to find your new partner."

Y/N nodded, but Irene could've sworn she saw the girl smirk. Too preoccupied with what could be holding up Stan and Mitch, she disregarded the thought.