I Know Him Thomas

⬇️

⬇️

Third Person POV.

You woke up that morning to the maze doors opening and the silence of the other gladers. Today was a day that another glader would be shipped up to the Glade.

You didn't think much of it, probably just another boy with no clue where he is and how he got there.

He should be coming up around noonish giving everyone time to prepare for their new arrival. You were one of the original gladers to arrive along with Newt, Alby, and Minho.

No one knew why you were the only girl but you soon gave up hope on another girl coming up through the box.

You became Frypan's assistant.

You didn't do direct cooking more of just helping prepare it for him to make.

There was a knock on your door before Newt walked in shutting the door behind him.

No boys were allowed in your room in the homestead for certain reasons Alby had made.

It wasn't odd for him to come in here this time in the morning; it happens often its just him trying to make sure you're not sleeping with any of the Gladers.

"Ready for another Greenbean?" he asked walking over to your nightstand.

"I guess, just another lost boy with no clue where he is..." You sighed getting out of bed. Newt helped you to fix your bed this morning.

"Chuck is surely glad about not being the Newbie," he sighed opening the door for you. The two of you headed out of the room and walked down the stairs out into the open.

Newt walked off towards Alby and you found Chuck running up to you with that adorable, cheeky smile on his face. The boy was young and was put here for unknown reasons, he was only a child.

The two of you headed on to Frypan's kitchen and he could only talk about meeting the new boy coming up out of that box.

To you it was just another mouth to feed with no idea of how to escape this prison. Though that bright morning consisted of working with Frypan to feed the boys breakfast sandwiches with ham, eggs, and a croissant bun.

Skipping time ⏭

The Box was late, it often comes around 12ish maybe 1ish if it's late. It was nearing 3:30 and there had been no rattling of the Box, no boys running to see the new arrival. If the box wasn't arriving anytime soon, things were going to happen. No one talked about it but it was obvious everyone was becoming nervous.

But then it happened, the blaring alarm and the rattling of the ground had everyone stop. You were skinning potatoes for the night's dinner when you glanced at Frypan