I need you Thomas

⬇️

⬇️

Y/N's POV.

Thomas was perfect.

Always nice and gentle. He made me have hope while we were stuck in a maze. No way out and not a single clue.  

As we ate in dinner, chatter grew amongst fellow Gladers.

They wasn't much to talk about, concluding everyone was in the same situation as the next. 

It was odd today, Thomas was getting extremely touchy with me.

His hands kept reaching for mine. Occasionally he would wrap one arm around my shoulders. Yes, we were dating but there wasn't much to do here as a boyfriend and girlfriend.  

"So, Y/N, how do you like it here in the Glade? By tomorrow you would've been here for two weeks," Newt asked. He sat in front of us taking gulps of water.  

"As well as it could possibly get," I smiled in response. I felt Thomas's fingers touch mine. They were warm as they intertwined with mine.  

"What about your bloody relationship?" He added. Newt looked over at Thomas and I knew it was directed towards Thomas.  

"Great, I just wish we weren't here. For all I know, I could've been a romantic guy with a good sense of humor," he shrugged forcing a small smile.

Thomas didn't smile that much, except for the times it was just the two of us. Hanging around in the forest area, not too close to the deadheads, but not to far out in open area.  

I felt his hand let go of mine. It grazed my thigh as he planted it softly on my inner thigh.

I readjusted myself and looked over at him. He didn't seem to notice as he engaged himself in a conversation with Newt. His hand was too close to that area.

A part of me was uncomfortable being out in public, yet another wanted him to keep it there. 

I placed my hand over his gently but he didn't budge. I tried to move his hand discretely but he kept it firm. None of the other Gladers had noticed, but I knew someone would soon. 

"Y/N?" Newt spoke. I blinked quickly and looked at him wide eyed.  

"Yeah," I replied. My attempt to play it off calmly had not worked so good as I thought it would.  

"Well if you weren't looking around like a complete shank, you would've heard me say: You look very red. Like blushed red," Newt sighed.  

I looked down at my lap and saw Thomas move his hand.

He moved it down and closer more sending warm tingles through my body.