chpt 373

"Baby, I know how to cook this. I cook my Ramen noodle soup all the time." Justin sighs in annoyment. "Im sorry. You just look like you need help." You reply as you stir the noddles over the hot stove. Justin places his hand behind his neck and rubs it impatiently. You feel him starring through your back as you stir. You sigh and stop stirring, leaving the stirring spoon in the pot. "Sorry. I'll get off your back." You say in guilt and step away. "Thank you." Justin breathed out and took control in stirring. You sit up on the counter next to the stove and swing your legs back and forth. You look out the kitchen window and spot a women walking her dog. You smiled and Maxxie came to mind. Justin looked at you in confusion. Wondering why you're smiling, Justin followed your eyes and looked out the window. He smiled when he saw the dog and payed his attention back at the soup. "Missing Maxxie?" He asked. You slowly nod your head and chew the insides of your cheek as you stare down at your knees. Justin places his hand on your knee and slowly slides it up to your thigh, caressing it in comfort. "Fredo's taking good care of him." Justin says. You softly chuckle. "Have you spoke with him?" You question. Justin nods his head yes as he stirs the soup. "He said Maxxie keeps chewing up his shoes and any clothes he leaves on the floor..." Justin says. You cover your mouth with your hand and gasp into it. "But other than that, hes perfectly fine." Justin adds on. You giggle. "Great. Alfredos probably pissed. I mean, Maxxie's a puppy. Puppies teethe. You wouldn't be mad if Maxxie kept chewing your clothes, right?" You reply. "Uhm. Sure." Justin says quietly. You playfully push Justin and he chuckles. "Soups done." Justin says and turns off the stove. You hop off the counter and grab two bowls and spoons. You set them at the table and get startled when you hear the front door open. You and Justin both make eye contact. The front door shuts and high heels were heard walking towards the kitchen. "Hey guys." Your mom says happily as she removes her coat and heels. "Hey." You both reply. "Why are you coming so late?" You ask. "Oh ya know. Just hanging around." Your mom replies. "With?" You question suspiciously. "None of your business *yn*." Your mom says playfully and inhales the smell of soup. "Hmm soup?" She asks. "Yep. Would you like some?" Justin asks and grabs a spare bowl and spoon. "Yes, thank you." Your mom says and sits down at the kitchen table. You sit beside her and Justin fills up all the bowls with soup. "Thanks." You say and peck his cheek. Justin places the pot of soup back on the stove and sits in front of you at the table. Justin touches your feet underneath the table and you rub your feet up and down on him. Justin looks up at you and smirks when he takes his first sip of soup. As you all eat, your mother looks over at you and examines the back of your neck. "You are so sexy." She reads off your neck. You nearly choke on your soup and look over at her in confusion. "What?" You say as you cough out the soup in your throat. "Your neck. Who wrote-...Justin. Did you write that?" Your mom asks. Justin looks down at his soup in guilt and nervously smiles. "I dont know." He mumbles. You giggle. "You guys are....are somethin else." She says shaking her head and takes a spoonful of soup in her mouth. "Oh please. Like you haven't done the stuff we did when you were our age." You tease. "No. I wasnt as-" Your mom says but stops when she looks at your back. "What?" You ask worried. "Is that a tattoo?" Your mom asks. Justin awkwardly coughs and stands up from the chair. "Sit." Your mom demands Justin. Justin sits back down. "Yeah." You reply. "Since when did you have one?" She asks. "The day before my birthday." You say softly. Your mom gasps and spins you in your chair so she can examine the tattoo. "Its fake." Your mom says and scratches at it. Digging her nails into your skin and clawing at it. "Ow!" You yell and pull away from her. "Its real!" You say in pain as you rub the spot where your skin was inked. "Sweetie. Why did you get a tattoo?" She ask concerned. You shrug your shoulders. "Relax. They're just tiny black birds." You sigh. "Inked into your skin!" She shouts. You stare at your mom and she sighs. "Well, I guess your nineteen now. You can do whatever you want." She lets out. You lightly smile in appreciation. You stare at your mom as she finishes the last of her soup. You suddenly spot a dark circular figure on her neck. It was a bruise. A recent bruise. "Whats that on your neck?" You ask. "Nothing." She replies quickly and places her hand over the bruise. "Is that a hickey!" You yell and jump out of your chair, examining her neck. "Stop it!" She shouts. You gasp when you look at the blue-ish purple-ish color eating her skin alive. "Thats so gross looking." You say in disgust and sit back down in your chair. Your mom gets offended. "Excuse me. I didnt know hickeys were supposed to be attractive. They're bruises ya know." She replies as she folds her arms in her chest. "The ones Justin give me are-..." You say but stop when Justin gave you the 'shut up' look. Your mom raises her eyebrow at you. "Hey. Dont look at me like that. I have a boyfriend and its appropriate for him to give me hickeys, but you...who the hell gave you a hickey!" You say as you look directly in your mothers eyes. "Who are you questioning? Im the mother here." Your mother replies. "Excuses." You scoff. Justin awkwardly stands up and gathers all the dirty dishes, placing them in the dishwasher. "*yn*." Your moms says seriously. "Mom. Just tell me. Since when do we keep secrets from each other..." You whisper. Your mom sighs. "It was just some random guy at the party last night." She blurts. Your eyes widen. "A random guy?" You repeat. "Ugh so what. It was a Christmas party, I got drunk big deal." She says. You scoff. "You do know you're a mom, right?" You tease. "A single mom. Besides im still young. I want to find someone special. Someone I can spend my life with..." She says sadly. She looks into your eyes. "I think you already found your life time partner...let me find mine." She whispers. You lightly smile and look to find Justin, but he wasnt anywhere to be found. "Fine. I understand." You reply and pat your moms knees in comfort. You stand up from the chair and kiss your moms forehead. "Im glad your trying to date." You say. Your mom smiles up at you. "But, you cant find one if they only suck on your neck." You say smartly and walk out of the kitchen.