Holiday Pt. 2

*Phil's point of view*

I was lonely.
I was eating Dan's cereal with out my Dan to yell at me.
This will be the the first time for months.
Dan is on a YouTube holiday.
I'll be all alone for six months.
But so will he.

It's been no longer than a week and I've already called Dan ten times and cried myself to sleep. Every time I call him though it doesn't last long. If it lasts too long I'll start crying, and I can't do that. It will make it harder for both of us.

I tried to make a YouTube video, but I failed. I started to think about Dan and when I think about Dan I get sad and when I get sad I have no motivation and when I have no motivation well... no video. On top of that I need to explain to the gaming channel that Dan won't be here for six months.

I don't know if I can make it six more months with out him. I emptied out my cereal, I wasn't in the mood to finish it. I grabbed a blanket and curled up in it. I turned on some anime but turned it off after five minutes.

Are you ever in a mood where you aren't in the mood to do anything? All you want to do is... nothing. That's how I felt.

I felt like a part of me was missing.

At times like this I wanted a dog. Especially a Shiba Inu, a meme just like Dan.

And there it was again.
That sinking feeling.

A tear rolled down my face. I just wanted Dan. I wanted to hug and kiss him.

At times like this I wish I didn't love him so damned much.

Should I call him? I wondered. I mean I really wanted to... but I might start crying. I decided to.

I grabbed my phone and clicked on his name. It rang once and was immediately picked up. My heart was racing, I was excited to hear his voice.

"Hey hon how's it going?" I heard Dan gently ask, what a sweetheart. I was already tearing up thinking about him.
"Hey, I'm ok. I miss you a lot..." I said glumly, if I kept going my voice would crack.
"I miss you too, what have you been doing all day?" He asked.
"Nothing really." I cleared my throat. "I got up, ate some cereal and tried to make a video, now I'm sitting here. How about you?" I asked.  He sniffled a little.
"Well I got up, ate some breakfast and then went to a meeting, now I'm back to the house I'm staying at. It's a pretty great house, it has a piano. Hey, did you catch the new anime episode?!"
"No." I choked out, I was gonna watch it.
"What?! You didn't, since when. You always-" I heard the line pause. Dan wasn't talking.

"Phil?" I heard him ask, his voice sounded sad.
"Mhm?" Was all I could manage out, but even that sound weak.
"Are you crying?" Dan asked quietly.
"No." I whispered.
"Yes you are." Dan whispered sadly.
"No, I'm not." I cleared my throat again.
"Phil, I've been best friends with you for nine years, have been living with you for eight and a half and have been dating you for seven. I can tell when you're crying."
"I just- I really miss you Dan, and it's only been half a week! I don't know if I'll make it Bear!" I sobbed.
"Phil, please don't cry. I hurts me to hear it." I could hear in his voice that he was starting to cry too.
"I can't stop crying. It's almost midnight and I can't sleep."
"How much do you cry?" Dan asked, he sounded scared. 
"I cry myself to sleep pretty much every night. I cry at least twice during the day. I can't eat, I can't sleep. I don't know what to do!"
"Phil I- I'm so sorry."
"It's not your fault."
"Want help falling asleep?" He sniffed.
"Yeah." I whispered sadly.
"Go lay down and put your phone on speaker."
"Ok."

I followed his directions and curled up.

Then I heard light piano music starting to play and Dan started to sing.
"I found a love for me, darling just dive right in a follow my lead, well, I found the boy, beautiful and sweet. Oh, I never knew you were the one waiting for me." I was starting to feel drowsy, this song was amazing and sweet.
Especially when Dan sang it. It was Ed Sheeran's Perfect.

" 'Cause we were just kids when we fell in love, not knowing what it was. I will not give you up this time. But darling, kiss me slow, you're heart is all I own, and you're eyes are holding mine." I was getting very tired, I wanted to go to sleep but I didn't at the same time.

"Baby, I'm dancing in the dark with you between my arms, barefoot in the grass, listening to our favorite song. When you said you looked a mess, I whispered underneath my breath. But you heard it, darling, you look perfect, tonight."

My eyes were closing and I was losing consciousness. I could slightly hear the piano fading away. The last thing I heard was Dan whisper, "I love you, I hope that helped." I then fell asleep.

That morning I woke up feeling like the weather outside. It was raining, dark and gloomy. I watched the rain as it fell down my window.

Each drop fell in slow motion. One drop at a time. I watched as two drops fell on the glass and combined into one.

As I was watching I heard the doorbell ring. I wrapped my duvet around my shoulders and walked towards the front door.

Then I heard the door open and somebody walked in. I frowned, how did somebody open the door? I know I locked it. Maybe it was Pj, I gave him a set of keys once. But I could've sworn I took them back?

I walked out and saw the last thing I would've expected. In front of me was Dan. He was wearing black skinny jeans and a black jacket with the hood up. His luggage was at his feet and everything was soaking wet. His hair was curlier than ever and water was dripping from his hood. I thought he looked beautiful.

I ran to him and jumped into his arms, my legs were wrapped around his torso my hands running through his hair as I kissed him.

"You came back!" I cried holding my face in his hands. "Why?!"
"I can't stand the thought of you crying yourself to sleep, or even being lonely, for six months." He smiled and kissed all around my face.
"What did you tell them?"
"Exactly what I told you. They understood, they are just gonna get another YouTuber."
I started kissing him more. I put my arms around him. "I love you for that." He smiled at me.
"Then it was all worth it."

Dan got changed into dry clothes and I talked to him the whole time, I couldn't stop. I was just so happy he was home. I was probably being annoying.

We sat down on the couch and cuddled. We watched the new episode of anime I never got to watch.

I am no longer miserable or lonely.
Dan will now yell at me for eating his cereal again and I am now cuddling with him.
This will be the first time for forever.
I will never be lonely for that long again.
But neither will he.