The Dancer

*Phil's point of view*

I ran my ticket through the scanner and walked through the doors. I rolled my eyes and sat next to the group of friends I came with. I didn't want to come here, watching ballet dancers seemed to be one of the most boring things in the world.

The only real reason I came was because of who was performing. His name was Daniel Howell. I couldn't put my finger on it, but I knew him. Just hearing his name made an alarm go off in my heart, but I didn't know why.

I watched all the girls and boys dance on stage for about an hour. I was beginning to get bored, until I saw him. He was beautiful. He was shirtless (with a beautiful six-pack) and was wearing black tights. His hair was curly and brown and his eyes were shut as he danced around the stage. He seemed so delicate as danced around. I felt like every time he touched the floor he would break.

Before I knew it, other dancers walked on stage and took a bow. The show was over, for a person who didn't want to be there, I was more sad than I thought I'd be.

"Ready to leave?" Pj punched me on the arm. I didn't even realize I zoned out.
"I have to do something.. I'll meet back up with you guys later," I said getting up.
"Oh.. ok," Pj frowned and walked away.

I walked to backstage, I really wanted to meet the Dancer. I was met with two bodyguards standing by his door. They stood tall as I walked up. 

"Hi um.. I uh-" I could feel my face heat up. I had no idea what to say. "I would like to uh.. meet Daniel Howell," I stuttered out. One of the guards nodded at the other. He walked inside the door.

"You know, you probably won't get back there. It's rare he lets people in," The guard crosses his arms. I sighed, there go my spirits. The guard came out of the door with Daniel. I swallowed hard, he was even more beautiful in person. He smiled at me.

"Want us to kick him out?" One of the guards grunted. Daniel looked me up and down.
"Nah, this one's cute. He's with me, I'll call for you if he tries anything," His brown eyes shone at me. He grabbed my arm and pulled me into the room with him.

Daniel sat on a chair and I sat across from him.
"So? What are you doing here?" He asked.
"Um.. I just.." I didn't even know why I came here. Because I thought he was hot? "You were really great out there," I mumbled, he smiled.
"Thank you! I'm guessing that's not the only reason you came here huh?" Daniel pressed.
"Well um.. I.. have we met before? The name Daniel sounds really familiar to me," I frowned. He thought for a moment.

"I don't think we have, but call me Dan. Daniel is too formal," He shrugged.
"Oh ok..." I looked around the room a little. "So you don't let people in here a lot?" I asked trying to make things less awkward.
"Nope, but as I said before, you're cute. I was actually hoping you'd ask me out, but you must best straight huh?" He sighed, my heart rate sped up.

"I.. well-no I mean I'd love to-but like- I didn't want to be so straight forward- I'm not straight-so I mean-"
"Want to exchange numbers? I'm not doing anything tomorrow, want to come over to my house?" He asked. I swallowed hard.
"Um yeah sure," I laughed and took out my phone.

He put his number in mine and I told him my number. 
"My name's-"
"Don't tell me your name yet, I like a mystery," He interrupted me.

The next morning I got ready in a rush and immediately responded to my text from Dan. I got in a cab and met him at the address he sent me. I pull up to a beautiful house and knocked on the door. It opened and I got pulled inside.

"Glad you could make it," Dan said leading me into the kitchen. The inside was even more beautiful than the extravagant outside. There were high ceilings with lights glowing the hardwood floors. Most of the furniture was black-clashing with the white walls.
"Me too," I said taking off my jacket.

We spent the majority of the date getting to know each other and eating dinner. I found out that Dan is one of the laziest people in the world. He says the only reason he got the six pack was because his coach had non stop practices. I also found out that he is amazingly hilarious. We had the same sense of humor. We also watched the same shows and listened to the same music. We had a lot in common.

After dinner we hung out in the living area. He showed me around his shelves with many awards. My eyes scanned the shelves but stopped at a picture.

In the picture were two boys. One looked just like Dan and the other looked a tiny bit like me as a ginger. They stood in a hallway high fiving each other. They both looked beyond happy. The boy who looked like Dan wore a black long sleeve and tights. 

"Oh, that's me and my old best friend. That was the night of my first ever ballet performance," Dan said picking up the picture. "I remember I was so scared, I was the only boy. He was always there for me though, this picture was taken after the preformance. My mum took that as we were high fiving," He laughed a little. "He always talked about how I was going to be a great dancer, I wish I could tell him he was right," Dan whispered. 

"What happened to him?" I asked.
"The clumsy bastard fell off a roof," Dan laughed quietly. "He got amnesia and didn't remember who I was. His mum blamed me for him being too rebellious and moved to another country with him. I was heartbroken, I always was in love with him," He sighed and put down the picture.
"What's his name?" I asked in a rush, I felt something tug at the back of my brain.

"Oh, it was Phil-" I ran up to him and kissed him. He kissed back almost immediately. It was sweet and perfect for the moment.
"Lester?" I pulled away with a smile.
"How did you know that?" He asked out of breath, his arms were still wrapped snuggly around my waist.
"I remember all of it," I whispered. "And I'm going to prove it to you. Tomorrow," I ran out of the room, I was determined.

"You don't have to," Dan smiled. "Plus, I have practice tomorrow."
"When does it end?" I asked.
"Nine at night," Dan sighed.
"I'll text you."

——————————
Thank you Axellnicorn for the idea of this!