Chasing Cars~ Snow Patrol

*Trigger Warning: Panic Attack*
We'll do it all
Everything
On our own

Dan's eyes were red and puffy from crying. He was sick of this fight. Everyone had been telling him that they were waiting too long. They had been living together and dating for years, why didn't they just get married already?

Dan was sick of this pressure. He wasn't ready to be married, he still had commitment issues. His parents always fought, he didn't want that to happen to Phil and him. He wanted everything to stay as it was with Phil. He didn't want their relationship to change. Why couldn't people just understand that?

He hadn't talked with Phil about any of this. He was scared they would get in argument, or worse, what if he thought it was because he didn't love him?

What Dan didn't realize was that the more he thought about his, the more he was freaking out. He started to hyperventilate over the thought of Phil and him breaking up over this.

We don't need
Anything
Or anyone

"Phil!" Dan gasped out. He didn't want Phil to see him cry, but he knew that Phil would help him calm down. Plus, Phil would be very upset if he didn't know about this. "Phil!" Dan cried out, Phil came rushing into their room.

"Oh Dan," Phil knelt down and wrapped Dan in a hug. "Shh, it's ok," Phil whispered. He sat down and Dan immediately fell onto his lap.
"I'm-I'm so-so-sorry Phil," Dan gasped.
"Hey, there's nothing to be sorry about. Stop talking, we'll talk when you calm down a little, okay?" Phil ask, Dan nodded.

If I lay here
If I just lay here
Would you lie with me and just forget the world?

Phil helped Dan up and brought his shaky body to the bed. Dan curled up in the blankets and tried to stop his crying. Phil got up.
"Phil?" Dan asked. "A-are you-you leaving?" Dan gasped for air.
"Of course not, Bear. I'm just changing into comfy clothes," Phil smiled, Dan wanted to smile back, but he just couldn't right now.

Phil was back to cuddling Dan within seconds. It took a while, but eventually, Dan had calmed down a little. He still had to gasp for air every once and a while, but he was glad Phil was there, reminding him to breath.

I don't quite know
How to say
How I feel

"So, what's this all about?" Phil brought Dan closer, lighting kissing his head of curls.
"U-us," Dan whispered.
"What do you mean?" Phil really hoped that Dan didn't want to break up, that would make him have a panic attack.
"Everyone is-is pressuring us," Dan gasped for air again, he really didn't want to started crying again. He felt bad Phil had to sit here. It was barely the afternoon, there was so much of the day left and he was sad Phil had to waste it with him.

"What do you mean?" Phil played with Dan's curls, he knew it calmed him, Dan swallowed hard. It was hard for him to speak.
"Everyone's keeps saying that we should get married.. and that-that we're w-wasting our time," Dan was hyperventilating again.

Those three words
Are said too much
They're not enough

"Hey hey hey, calm down, you're freaking out again," Phil whispered, what had Dan so upset? He hated seeing him like this. "Deep breaths."
"I love you, Phil, I do! But I don't want to get married. Not yet, I'm not ready," Dan started to cry again. "Please still-still love me!" Phil finally understood what was going on.

"I know you love me, you wouldn't be this upset if you didn't. And of course I'll still love you, how could I not? We don't have to get married any time soon. We don't have to get married at all if you really don't want to," Phil started to trace figures on Dan's skin.