Makeover

*Dans point of view*

"Dad!" Dee yelled as I walked into the living room. She came running up to me with a bright smile. She was wearing a tutu and a rainbow colored long sleeve. Freckles danced all over her face and her curly red hair was messy, but was tamed down on her shoulders. Her bright green eyes were wide and peering into mine.

"Hey princess!" I knelt down to her height with a smile. "What's up?" I asked.
"Can I do your makeup?" She asked excitedly. Her seventh birthday was a few days ago and Louise got her a mini makeup kit. Dee has been obsessed with it. She hasn't asked to do anyone else's makeup yet.
"Why don't you ask Daddy?" I asked smiling, I really did not want my makeup done.
"I did, he said you would!" She smiled holding out her makeup bag.

"He did?" I raised my eyebrows up at Phil, who was trying not to laugh.
"Yeah!" I looked down at her. I was about to say no, until she brought out her puppy eyes, something I couldn't deny. "Please?!" She begged.
"Sure." I sighed, she instantly grabbed my hand, dragging me to her bedroom. I narrowed my eyes at Phil who gave me a cheeky smile back.
"Bastard." I mumbled under my breath.

She sat me down at her little plastic lawn chair next to her table. Getting into that thing was one of the toughest things I've ever done. I had no idea how I was going to get out. She sat across from me and scattered containers on the table. 

"Ok first I'm going to do eyeshadow, so close your eyes." She said, I followed her directions. I could feel the cheap powder being spread around my eye lid. Dee rubbed with her finger and then did the other eye. She finished and looked back at her work with an accomplished smile.
"I picked pink, it's my favorite." She beamed.
"Ooh." I smiled at her as she picked a pink colored blush.

She starts to pad it on my cheeks.
"Dad?" She asked, I already knew what was coming. I played along anyway.
"What?" I asked leaning to the side so she could do the other cheek.
"I have a question." She put down the blush and picked up a lipstick.
"Shoot." I pursed out my lips so she could continue.
"Can Joey sleepover this weekend?" She pleaded. Joey happened to be her best friend. He comes over almost every weekend.

"Again?!" I asked after rubbing my lips together. She put all of her containers away.
"Can I do your nails?!" Her eyes lit up.
"Sure." I shrugged, I've already come this far. I watched as she grabbed bright blue nail polish and carefully took off the lid.

"Back to Joey." I said as she started to paint the first one.
"Can he? Please?" She begged.
"Didn't he just come over, aren't you sick of him yet?" I laughed.
"Well yeah.. but didn't you live with Daddy for a few years as friends before you started dating? You two didn't get sick of each other." Dee said as she moved on the next hand.
"Yeah." I sighed. "But we had huge crushes on each other, is that why you want him over all the time?" I raised my eyebrows at her. She made a disgusted face at me.

"Ew! I don't have a crush on him, that's gross." She gave me a look like I was crazy.
"I'm just saying!" I smirked at her. "But as long as your Daddy's ok with it I don't mind." She blew on my nails to get them to dry. Luckily Louise got her quick-to-dry stuff. She got Phil's trait of impatience.
"Thank you!" She smiled and put away her nail polish grabbing a mirror. She handed it to my and I looked at my face.

To be fair, she did good. The eye shadow was very layered on but the lipstick was super accurate.
"Do you like it?!" She beamed.
"I love it!" I lied as I clambered out of the chair.
I got up and she frowned up at me.
"It's missing something." She muttered. Realization struck her face and she ran to her closet.

She came out with a pink tutu matching hers. She handed it to me.
"Oh um.. I don't think it'll fit." I gave her a sympathetic look.
"It's stretchy! You could try!" She bounced up and down. I usually loved her quick thinking, but not right now. I pulled it over my jeans and it fit almost perfectly. How exciting.

Dee started hopping around and spinning.
"You look so pretty!" She twirled. I laughed, she was so adorable. "Let's go show Daddy!" She grabbed my hand and started dragging me to the living room where Phil was.

"Daddy look!" Phil looked up from his computer at me. His jaw immediately dropped.
"Oh my god!" His lips curled to a smile.
"Do you love it?" She smiled at Phil.
"I 100% love it!" He laughed. "Picture time!" He pulled his phone out of his pocket. I rolled my eyes and smiled down at Dee. I looked back up and gave Phil a little half smile.

"Can I have my sandwich now?!" Dee whined running to the kitchen.
"It's on the counter!" Phil sighed, he probably got about two pictures before she ran off. I walked up to him.
"You're getting a makeover next time." I smirked at him.
"Aww, so I'll never see you like this again?" He frowned. "I think you look adorable." He said grabbing my hands.

"Really?" I smiled.
"Definitely." He smirked.
"Maybe I could improve the look and dress like this next time-" I got interrupted by Dee.
"Daddy I forgot to ask, can Joey sleepover?" She asked with a mouthful of peanut butter.
"Um sure hon." He said scratching the back of his neck. She walked to the living room and turned on her favorite movie, Big Hero Six. I slipped off the tutu.
"Next time we're alone." I whispered in Phil's ear and sat down to Dee.

I glanced at Phil to see his flustered face staring into mine.