Radioactive Leak Pt. 6

*Dan's point of view*

"Phil!" I poked him on the shoulder (the not hurt one) and he looked up.
"Oh my god Dan! We made it!" He smiled up at me, and I smiled back. We made it to Manchester, together. I don't know what came over me, but I kissed him.

I've kissed girls many times before, but kissing his lips.. they were the best by far. His lips were rough but gentle at the same time. The kiss was intense but sweet and short. I never thought I'd forget my old girlfriend, but at that moment, I did.

Phil pulled away.
"I'm sorry," He whispered.
"It's ok, I kissed you first," I smirked.
"I'm happy you did." He said grabbing my hand. We both smiled and kept walking.

Then as we opened the glass doors to the building, about 5,000 zombies ran out to us. My eyes widened as I yanked Phil inside.

I expected to see hundreds of people taking refuge, I expected to see people handing out food, maybe praying in the corner. What I saw?
Absolutely no one.

"Where is everyone?" Phil asked frantically.
"Nobody's here," I told him the truth. I turned around and looked at all the zombies coming for us. There was no way out other than the door we entered, and the whole wall, was glass. Zombies can't open doors, but they can crash through windows.
We were besieged by zombies.

I looked at our guns.
We were out of ammo.
And there were only two of us.

"What are we going to do?" Phil looked at me. I looked down at him with pitied eyes. I let go of a breath I just realized I was holding in. "We can't do anything, can we?" His eyes widened. I swallowed hard and smiled sadly, I shook my head, no, there wasn't a way out of this.

I held out my hand.
"Can I have this dance?" I whispered. He inhaled sharply, and took my hand. I led him away from the door and stopped in the middle of the room. I put my hands on his waist as he put his on my shoulders... or at least one of my shoulders.
"Dan.. I don't want to die," He said, his eyes were glassy. We swayed peacefully, although the chaos would soon arrive.

"You're not going to," I said, he frowned. "And neither am I," I said, I didn't want him to be scared in his final moments. "We are going to live a long happy life together. After this we get married, in London obviously, because that's where we met." I smiled as a tear rolled down both of our faces. He smiled back. "And then we'd go on a honeymoon to a perfectly romantic place," I said, but out of the corner of my eye, I could see the zombies were a lot closer. "And then we'd get a house together-"
"And a dog?" Phil asked.
"Of course, our kids would need a dog to grow up with," I imagined a little boy with curly black hair and the brightest blue eyes, and a little girl with brown curly hair and golden brown eyes, running alongside a golden retriever.
"We'd have kids?" He laughed quietly.
"Of course we would, and I'd spend seven days a week and 20 hours a day with them."
"What about the other four?" He asked with an adorable smile.
"Those I'd spend with you." They were right against the window, about to crash through.

"Tell me more," He whispered.
"And then every morning we'd all watch cartoons together. And every Christmas we'd pretend to be Santa just to see their cute smiles, smiles just like yours." I put my forehead against his and swayed. 
"And then we'd go to their sports games, and one of them would want to be just like their dad, an FBI agent," Phil whispered, I laughed.
"And we'll always make up stories before they go to bed." I bit my lip. A second later we heard the crash of the windows.

"I love you," Phil whispered for the first time.
"I love you too," I whispered back, for the last time.

They say it started with the smart phones. They say that at exactly 6:52 PM a green light flashed across every single smart phone in existence. This green light signaled a radioactive pulse in the atmosphere. The sight of this went through the eyes, leaking through the cornea, to the pupil, the lens, and then to the optic nerve.
After that? 
It went straight to the brain.
This leak, created zombies.

That's how it ended, with me, Phil- the love of my life, and the zombies.